Purple Jerseys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. The home team has the choice and the visitors wear opposite.

Spurrier, being the master of mind games took advantage of this rule to wear his whites at home, forcing LSU to have to prepare colored jerseys on very short notice, as they had no colored jerseys at that time.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I think that when Gerry G first got the rule changed the visiters had to give permission for us to wear white. I think now we just have to tell the teams that we will wear white at the beginning of the season.

3. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

visitor's originally had the right to refuse.....

in the first year or two after Dinardo got the rule change. If you remeber, Vanderbilt made us wear the purple jerseys in 96(I think) and LSU promoted the fans wearing white instead. It worked pretty well with most of the LSU fans wearing white shirts.

A few years later the SEC made a rule giving the option to the home team. However I think for an OOC game the visiting team still has preference(for example: when Va. Tech visits in 2004 they could refuse to let us wear white if they want to but Florida can not because they are in the SEC).

4. eric d

eric d Founding Member

The home team has to ask the visiting team if they can wear the white. Remember Vandy and Florida making us wear those God awful yellow's? Dinardo was on the rules committee, and got that put in because the LSU fans wanted to see the Tigers in white.
    As far as the yellow jersies with white pants, that was done in the Independence Bowl against Notre Dame.
    I like our color scheme, but they yellow jersies should not have happened.

5. GasMan

GasMan Founding Member

In most cases we should stick with the classic look. When they wear the purple jerseys, I wish they would be solid without gold stripes. The gold jerseys are OK once in a while, but in that Vanderbilt game I thought it looked kind of strange with the gold helmets - a different color helmet gives some contrast. I kind of liked the I-Bowl uniforms, they would be OK once in a while, but the pants do need work. Wish I still had my tape of that game.

6. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I would like to see an upgrade made to the helmet....possibly a purple helmet with some kind of new design. The yellow helmets have always reminded me of Green Bay yellow. I really like University of Washington and how they use purple and gold.

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I would like purple helmets, but keep the same tiger emblem and LSU. Just switch out the yellow and purple.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

new uniform designs

Are there any graphic designers among us who could draw up some of these concepts? I don't really want to see any changes on the field, but it would be cool to check out some theoretical new looks.

9. It might be fun to talk hypothetical...

Talking "what if" might be fun, but I hope the group they have who has been making other school's changes NEVER gets ahold of LSU's unis. The changes lately (Miami, Mich State, Oregon, etc.) look horrible IMO. There are elements of our uniform that are very unique and recognizable and I hope they are kpet in some form

10. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

No kidding...some of the new school's uniforms look more like SWAC teams than anything else. Did yall happen to see the uniform that Kentucky came out with a couple of times this year with all blue, pants and jerseys? I thought East Assencion was on playing on tv for a second there..