Put in Jamarcus Russell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Sep 6, 2003.

1. max

max Founding Member

Enough said!

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

if the second half is like the first, maybe we'll see him...

3. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

We didn't see him...

and I reckon we will not see either freshman this season unless some injuries arrive...please not, if Randall is the #2, we are in trouble again!

Tigers played well and it was ashame that we gave up all those yards late in the game...complete dominance!

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: We didn't see him...

Those yards late in the game came from Zona's starters against LSU's 3rd and 4th stringers. I wouldn't worry about it.

5. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

nick wasn't taking randall out untill he was satisfied with his play. he looked pretty good at times with the first string. he looked pretty bad with the 2nd & 3rd stringers. I don't think it would have been fair to put in the frosh with LSU's second & third string vs. zona's 1st string. & saban said he's not putting the frosh in if they aren't going to run their real offense. He'd not going to just put them in to hand it off every play.

6. RabidTiger

RabidTiger Founding Member

No point

There was no point in bringing either freshmen QB in. What would the frosh QB's do while in the game? They would've just handed the ball off over and over again....and we would still see nothing from them and burn a red-shirt in the process.

It would be more useful to bring in a freshman QB after going up 14 or 21 against W. Illinois. The game wouldn't be absolutely garbage....and The QB's would face some kind of normal defense.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The freshman QBs could have played the entire 4th quarter. That is more than enough time to get some quality reps against a 1st team defense from a BCS conference. Granted, they wouldn't be running the West Coast offense while they were in there but any experience is good experience. And even if he did hand the ball off every time, that would be good experience for the way the Tigers appeared to play last night. I think that Russell should have been put in, especially since it seems like we'll be running alot of option (putting our QBs in relatively more danger for injuries).

Did you see that 1st drive? That was mainly 10 yards and a cloud of dust. :D

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Russell or Flynn had gotten into the game last night they should be in th game to run the offense even if it results in an 80 or 90 point blowout, which could have easily happened last night. It serves no purpose to burn a year of eligibility if all they would do is hand of the ball. Hell, I could do that and I am in no way otherwise qualified to be LSU's QB.

9. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

Don't be suprised if..

I think Caoch Saban would love to redshirt both Russell and Flynn. Without a doubt though I can see one of them getting a redshirt!

Cheers from NZ