Put the Blame in the Right Place

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Oct 10, 2006.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's a team sport, you win as a team and you loose as a team. If anyone wanted to get nitpicky, I'm sure if you want to single out people you can watch play by play and see linemen missing blocks- standing and not blocking anyone- and you can list a lot of things. Thoses stand out but far from only reasons we lost. Can we move on now......... we can't change the past but we can affect the future. Hopefully our coaching staff has addressed some issues that are obvious to most. LSU! :helmet: :tigerhead

Things could be worse you know- check this out.

[​IMG]

GO TIGERS!

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

while in the stands the other day i had flashbacks of that:angryfire

i'm not going to talk about the old coach like everyone else but it does seem like there are more and more bad habits and patterns under Miles ....

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

People's memories & impressions are just off. Some believe Saban was god, but then want to ignore all of his faults - or minimize them at the very least. They have false memories about what Saban did while he was here, and false impressions about what coaches at other schools do. They will say how Steve Spurrier or Tubberville is the greatest coach in the league & point to things they've accomplished as proof, but not pay attention to their faults. Naturally, we just have a tendency to see it more in our own team & coaches that we have right now.

I know that Miles is not perfect, but he's comprable to any of the best coaches in this league.

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

point taken but once you've had filet mignon you really don't want hamburger steak...

He is Smoke Laval and Mike Archer wrapped into one...

If Les is comparable to any of the best coaches in the SEC then I have a 13" pecker

2 SEC Titles in 5 years and 1 National Championship under the old coach..

Ask yourself a question.. Even with all the talent at LSU do you see Les Miles leading LSU to a SEC Championship at any point in his tenure?

5. Tigerfan58

Tigerfan58 Founding Member

Be glad you didn't get through...It saved you a lot of embarrassment.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

If you had taken the point, you would realize that Saban was not filet mignon & Miles is not hamburger steak.

Only time will tell, but I think we all know you have a tendency to overreact.

"Miles will never win a bowl game."

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I don't remember saying that but if you count the peach bowl as a legit "bowl game" what can I say? Even DiNardo won that bowl..

I do remember saying we'd never win the SEC or any BCS bowl game with Lester at the helm.

I said that after the ASU/TENN games..

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, kinda like your post embarassed you. Nah, not exactly.. Your post was worthless while his was a well thought-out contribution to the forum.

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

herman got he shaft on that penalty, you can't blame him for that.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I would like to point out the 2004 team as an example of a team who appeared to be poorly coached due to frequent mental mistakes and errors which cost us bigtime against UGA at their house and almost cost us against Oregon St, Troy and Ole Miss at home. Auburn was relatively mistake-free but Saban screwed the pooch by taking a hot Randall out and blowing any momentum up. Let's not forget a mental mistake at the end of the Cap One bowl which caused us to lose. Coaching???? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...

It appears to me that 1) we lost a lot of the championship team and 2)the remaining players had a NC hangover and Saban's motivational skills were lost on the entire team. If you don't believe that that wasn't a huge factor in his departure, you are kidding yourself.

All the coaching in the world won't make Marcus Randall, for example, a MNC winning QB. I firmly, firmly believe that our success cannot be duplicated until we get special kids who were self motivated ala Clayton, Spears, Hill, Lavalais, Mauck, Reed, Peterman, etc.

Judging from the 2004 season, I'm not entirely sure what Saban could do with this group of kids, who by and large are his recruits.