Put the Blame in the Right Place

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Oct 10, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

You can't argue with facts, which is all I would have stated.

It's OK... you are just another one of those who refuses to lay blame at the responsible party's feet

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I must say I'm suprised to see Deek on this side of the argument considering his stance on Brady.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

i don't think anyone is arguing that the players aren't to blame along with the coaching staff... you win and lose as a team (coaches included)

who said Saban was perfect?

But comparing Miles to Saban is like comparing chicken chit to chicken salad...

I'd be shocked if we ever get back to another SECCCG under Miles, let alone win the thing..

We didn't have a great season back in '04.. who said we did? God knows if Miles was the coach back then we woulda prolly lost those close games you listed...

4. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

errrr, in 2004 how many times did JV fumble while playing for the "great one:?:confused:

Must've been that poor coaching!:dis:

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Perhaps Brett needs to institute a 24 hour rule after a win or a loss.

Vent, gripe, complain, bitch, compliment, whatever. But give it up after 24 hours and move on to the next game.

LSU fans are known as some of the most vocal and passionate fans around. I certainly agree with that. We also have a reputation for going overboard at times. What I’ve read on this board in the past 72 hours suggests that may also be true.

Was I disappointed and heart broken after the losses to Florida & Auburn. You bet I was. But my pain was tempered a bit when I realized that we lost to two Top 5 ranked teams at the time we played them, bitter rivals, and both games on the road.

What we sometimes fail to remember is the extraordinary amount of time and effort put in by the coaches, support staff and players who represent our University. The coaches are paid handsomely, but that doesn’t remove the fact that they put in a hell of lot of hours during the season and have no family life to speak of. We also sometimes forget that the young men that wear the Purple & Gold on Saturdays are just that, young men. The coaches aren’t perfect and neither are the players.

We sometimes as fans think we have all of the answers. In some cases we may, but in most cases we don’t.

I would hope and expect that both the coaching staff and players alike have learned from both the physical and mental mistakes made in the two losses. If they have, can we realistically expect any more? I think not.

Geaux Tigers!! :helmet:

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

CO, I completely agree. It's time to quit beating a dead horse and move on to the Kentucky game.

7. Tiger Paul

Tiger Paul Freshman

"Coaches lose games and kids win games." Mack Brown. Sept. 11, 2006 (after the loss to Ohio State). http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=2388&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Perhaps others can expand on this idea. To begin, coaches are there to get the players ready to play and keep them ready to play. When Chevis Jackson dropped the ball in the first quarter, it was up to the coaches to settle the players down and, more importantly, to prepare them for such a temporary setback. Yet the coaches did not succeed as is evidenced by the subsequent and many turnovers, dropped passes, badly thrown passes, etc. The coaches allowed the game to get out of hand just as they did in the SEC championship game last year.

As another example, consider that Coach Miles has stated that if you are called into the game and you do not make the plays, you do not play; yet he has exempted JR from this rule (post-Auburn and post-third-quarter-Florida). This exemption is a flagrant contradiction, which is a judgment mistake. To rectify the mistake, JR needs to be pulled from starting the Kentucky game. Maybe this will get JR’s head straight, but this is doubtful for the many reasons cited on this Website. (See the thread, "Is JR another Aaron Brooks.") Someone dissatisfied with JR at the beginning of the 2005 season commented as follows: “Only time will tell.” And time is telling with a great defense last year and the number 1 defense in the country at present.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I continue to maintain John Treloar and local 1st round NBA talent have more to do with our great success than anything CJB does, but that is a digression entirely from the issue at hand.

9. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Couple of comments:

1) To the folks saying "it's the coaches fault for not preparing the players": when you got a D in school was it the teacher's fault? After all, they obviously did not prepare you properly, otherwise you would have gotten an A. Right?

2) I love (sarcastically) how when some of these people want to find a QB to compare JR to negatively, it's always Aaron Brooks. Next time, just for creativity's sake, try to come up with a talented QB prone to mistakes that isn't black to use as a comparison. It'll make your opinion seem less bigoted.

10. lctiger

lctiger Founding Member

wrong. It was Daniels who was on the tight end for the alley oop play. Larons big mistake came earlier in that drive when he missed a tackle on 3rd and long which would have forced UF to punt.

wrong#2-It was MCcray that blew coverage on the long pass for td. He was only playing because Francis got hurt.