Putin claims ISIS funded by 40 countries..

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 17, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

He said private citizens from those countries, which is true and Uncontroversial.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Even though they are G20? I also thought the part about targeting the oil convoys was interesting.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

This guy is on the money about foreign aid to Saudi Arabia being used to sponsor ISIS.

EDIT: Link removed due to poor example of the point I was trying to make.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Indonesia are in the G-20.
    This guy is mostly full of shit. He is right about the Saudis but he is wrong to state that America is ISIS and we fund them and train them and he is fucking crazy about Israel. To call ISIS the Israeli Secret Intelligence Service should tell you something. Ken O'Keefe renounced his American citizenship and now is Palestinian citizen. That should tell you something else.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What he's saying is that America is basically ISIS because we knowingly give money to Saudi Arabia, who turns around and uses it to fund ISIS. That was my take away from what he's saying. I have no clue what he's talking about with Israel. That statement does make him lose credibility.

7. red55

What money are we giving Saudi Arabia? We buy oil from them, not as much as we used to. We buy it because it is cheap, we discovered it, we developed the oil fields, and we have defended them militarily for 100 years.

We sell arms to them, not much as we used to. We sell it to them because it gives us some control over them or they will just buy them from the Chinese or the Russians or the French.

Saudi Arabia is just about the most un-American country on the planet and we do not love each other. It is entirely a marriage of convenience based on vital national interests. Many other interests conflict badly. But the Saudis are not fools. The rich ones are educated in America and Britain. They know that they can lose their kingdom to a revolution, whether democratic or radical religious. The bulk of their fortunes are invested in America where they are safe. their oil is protected by America. They may be duplicitous, stubborn, ungrateful and pompous . . . but we own them.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

He is in Tehran spouting a line about ISIS that could just as easily come from the Iranian government. I think a healthy dose of suspicion should be applied to everything he says.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

FIFY

10. red55

Saudi arms purchases are 75% American, 20% French and 5% other.