Putin punks Obama once again

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Apr 14, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Meh, you don't have to question what would have happened had I been in charge.

I guess my 1st question would be why weren't the AEGIS wasn't armed. For the unknowing, that is a bad ass system that basically kills anything that comes close to a Navy vessel. Rumor has it that birds have been shot down before.

Anyway, it makes me sick. We have no spine.

islstl likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It's more accurate that had there been a president with balls in the WH, Putin wouldn't have dared such a thing. The last 8+ years (yes W was not much better) Putin, Iran and others have learned they can run roughshod over us and this candy ass in the WH hasn't a clue.
    Teddy Roosevelt was right when he said "Speak softly but carry a big stick." This is a direct result of having that limp dick in the WH and the suck up followers in positions of power. That means you HRC, J Kerry, etc.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  5. shane0911

Seriously, @HalloweenRun ,does the Navy no longer employ Aegis any longer? It had to be disabled because if not that pilot is either dead or swimming. What the phuck...over?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

If I recall these bad ass Russian jets can jam the aegis. Pretty sure this happened last year and it still alerted the crew but the screen got scrambled and went black. I'll see if I can find an article.

7. shane0911

That is alarming if true, I know the system is long in the tooth but I'd expect it to progress as technology advances. I mean it's only the U.S. Navy after all

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Muslim in chief is content with it.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

As i remember, aegis is phased array... it it has multiple beams and different frequencies hoping around. Not likely that it can be jammed. maybe they can force an overload, but I would bet there is protection for that. More that likely the Russian jets didn't paint the ship, therefore the captain didn't fire.

10. shane0911

If that were the case it would be sort of like the newer radios that operate off of a hop set, almost impossible to jam unless you have the key but there is still a way to jerk with it but I'm getting old and can't remember what it was.