QB Controversy??????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Aug 18, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I had to laugh my arse off when I went to the USC board tonight. Ya see, we've all been reading that the LSU QB situation(3 supposedly very capable QB's) will be a detriment heading into the season, the reports are all over every major site or publication.

USC is ranked ahead of us, and almost every other team, in most every poll but their boards are lighting up with a QB controversy even though they have yet to play a single game. And neither one of their QB's have any experience at all really, seems to me that should be much more of a dteriment than ours.

Than I look at some of the other teams QB situations and the pundits don't evebn mention the QB situation of just scoff at it even though teams like Texas have no experience at QB and you know they'll have a QB controversy with the first incompletion their starter throws much less the first INT.

It just cracks me up how everyone slants things to their own opinion.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Just thinking back on the days when we didn't have ONE QB that was worth a damn. We've got a pretty nice problem.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

usc your reign is over.....cal, oregon and maybe even arizona state are better than you guys right now.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I'm with you, bro! This feels like heaven to me.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU could have worse problems than 2 Parade All Americans and a Bowl MVP competing for playing time. The SEC is a rough league. If Cox goes down, Auburn is finished. LSU has championship depth at the most critical position on the field.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My husband's friend who lives in Nashville was in Dallas yesterday and stopped by our house for a short visit. He gave me his copy of SI with Laron and company on the cover--since all that's readily available in Texas is the one with UT.

I also thought, "Isn't this just incredible?" LSU has come a long way, and I'm enjoying every second of it.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree with everyone that it's a great problem to have and injuries can happen anytime. The fact that we've got a "legend in the making" young stud should be a good thing and only add to versatility of the position.

However, this is also a big man on campus, glamour position. The fact that our fans/media can get way overzealous about this type of stuff fuels the soap opera. You never know how the season is going to play out. We could have Russell play every minute of every game and it could work out perfectly:champs: . Or, we could have some crazy combination of QBs play, either through injury or choice (RP on 3rd & short, red zone?) and that could work out just fine also if you win games:crystal: .

I fear the soap opera. That one with Nall, Davey, & Booty killed the team and seemed to make the coaches lose credibility. DiNardo made the surprise decision to start Nall and I was fine with it at the time. Nall struggled a little but didn't really get a fair chance. After Davey had the fumbling problem against Auburn, Booty walked into his lifelong and seemingly destined moment. After that, it was a series of heartbreaks and "what was he thinking?" :confused: moments.

I heard a few too many Tiger fans say, "We need to get Sparicino some playing time and let him light it up!":cuss: . Our fans are lunatics sometimes. With three ultra-talented QBs and add a questionable O-Line, we need someone to have the poise (SECURE THE BALL) to handle pressure and get the ball to our playmakers. All three have that ability. With the long term (Russell) and short term (Flynn) success from last year and the already legendary RP (think Booty), it has soap opera written all over it.

As fans, I think we just have to trust the coaches :geauxtige and see how it plays out. The time to criticize would be years from now and you can pretend like you would've handled it differently:hihi: . I know a lot of people need that outlet to vent about something. Focus on something else. Crooked Phat Phil, Tubby's ears, whatever. Is Albers still around to piss everyone off? I hated that guy.

8. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

No matter what anyone says, you guys are very lucky to have three QBs as good as you do.