QB Hayden Rettig to transfer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, May 31, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jennings benefited from a busted play on defense and we won the bowl game despite his lousy performance. Were you watching at all?

Just the same as Harris, but a year ahead in Cameron's system

That is the problem. Reserves need to get a bit of PT or they think of greener pastures.

No, you made that up. Are you stupid?

Way stupid and an asshat, too.

BayouBengal014 and Kal-El012 like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Harris is considered dual threat, but Jennings is more of what you described. I've watched film on both, and Jennings seems like a passer who can run, whereas Harris looks a runner who can throw a few routes. Harris looks more athletic, but Jennings looks a lot better throwing in the limited amount of film there is out there. Jennings had 1 bad which ended up being a win in a bowl game. It would have been nice to have a 3rd option in case of emergency.

So to be honest I don't know what to expect, which is why I'm setting expectations low this year. I think you'll see great defense, and an offense that sputters against the best competition, but gets it done against the lesser. And if I'm wrong and either one of those QB's turns out to be the bomb.com then fanfuckingtastic!!!!!

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

What I don't understand is constantly going after dual-threat QBs to run a pro-style offense with a pro level OC.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Cam is very involved in the recruiting so I would guess the QBs they are after are the ones he wants. Remember he had Antwon Randle El in college.

didit and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

1 season with cam. How is anything a constant??

StaceyO likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have heard the exact opposite. During spring I think it was Scott Rabalais who reported that Jennings throws a soft pass and that Harris zips the ball with accuracy and can make all the throws.
    Kudos to Jennings for the R Kansas game but in the Outback Bowl his passing was terrible and mostly he handed the ball to Jeremy Hill about 28 times.

Harris has recently worked with quarterback guru George Whitfield who has worked with Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston among others. Whitfield compare Harris's skill favorably to Winston's. Lets just hope that Harris doesn't develope a taste for free crab legs.

It will be interesting to see who Les has under center to start the Wisconsin game

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm just going off what I've seen with eyes. Harris does have a stronger arm, but the dude is all over the joint when it comes to accuracy.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Constant is Miles. He hired Cam.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

FIFY

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't understand going after QBs that are not mobile.

LSUpride123 and Winston1 like this.