QB no win situation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mike5705, May 9, 2004.

1. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

QB "no win" situation

I will say this If marcus randall is the starting qb for the entire 2004 season we have a chance to win the sec and the NC. However if he was to give way to one of the freshman qbs then the tigers would be an absolute lock for the NC in 2005 with a favorable schedule and arguably the most talented team they have ever had. If randall starts the entire year than 2005 will be a year of "gaining experience" by one of the new qbs and would almost waste the most talented corps of receiver ever at LSU. Its a long way off but it is in the back of nick saban's mind because as we know he is always not looking past the next game but also always looking to the future of his program. :cool:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wow. :dis: :dis:

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

No team is ever an absolute lock for a NC. :tigerhead

4. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Saban also knows that if

Marcus Randall beats out the freshman that gives us a better shot at Ryan Perrilloux. Shows that they can get beat out. Obviously he wants to win now but if all things are equal it is best to go with Randall for many reasons.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

First post ever under this handle and just dying to start a heated debate Huh?

Waste the most talented receiving corps ever? Let's see we had 2 guys drafted off of last years' team, Clayton in the first round and Hendersen in the second and now we are more talented at WR? Hmmm, not too sure about that, how quickly people forget how good proven players were and how much they fall for the hype of the unproven players.

A lock for a National Championship in 2005, after having won only 2 in our history? Don't think so my man. No team will ever be a lock for a NC, ever. It's way to easy to stumble at least once no matter how good a team is, then having too hope that every other team stumbles at least once also. Miami has had 20 first round picks in the last 4 years and they won how many NC's in that time span?

So are you saying that if Randall is who Saban thinks would give us the best chance at winning in 2004 than he should just decide to write off the season in order to be able to win in 2005? Even if Randall earns the starting job and the other 2 haven't come close to beating him out, just give the job to one of the others? Stupid. You can go online and read about 100 can't miss prospects that colleges have signed over the past 10 years that haven't started one game in their college careers, potential is just that, potential. Now, if one of them beats Marcus out then fine, they should start this coming year, but don't just hand the job to one of them based on potential and what they and the team can do in 2005.

6. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Yeah, just ask Tommy Tuberville... :D :rofl:

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Conjecture, conjecture, conjecture...

Here's a FACT to throw in to all of this conjecture: NO REDSHIRT OR TRUE FRESHMAN STARTING QUARTERBACK HAS EVER LED A TEAM TO A NATIONAL TITLE. EVER. PERIOD.

As for Perriloux, I think he'll go down in the annals of Tiger gridiron history along the lines of Robert Lane. I hate to say it, but him signing anywhere else would be out of a sheer fear of competition. If he has the confidence, then I want him here. If not, it'll prove to me that he's not what we want. I want an attitude like Matt Flynn and JaMarcus Russell. I want guys who are unafraid of competition. I want an attitude like Marcus Randall. I want a guy whose confident he can hold the young guns off.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

That statement right there is the basis of most of you guys support if not the sole reason for some of you that are pro-Randall. :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The only stuff from Flynn or Russell that 99% of us here have seen was at the spring game. Neither one really looked like a guy who could come in and win the NC. We have no idea what our wr corps will look like next year. They should be solid, but the best ever id more than likely an extreme overstatement. We have not seen Hill, Doucet, or Carter play even one down of college football.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You're totally wrong about that!!! :angryfire The basis of most everyone's support, I believe, is Nick Saban's and Jimbo Fisher's picking out the best guy for the job. Simply put, they will want to win this coming season and they will choose the guy that gives us the best chance. Period, end of story. If it isn't Randall, that's fine. If it is Randall, that's fine too.