QB no win situation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mike5705, May 9, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Cajdav, Listen, the only thing I been talking about is how much confidence can you have in Randall, when the majority says they support him, but believe he will be pulled at some point in the season? WHATS THE REASON HE WILL BE PULLED??????????? and don't give me that BS like TE says about being passed on the depth chart. :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Why not are you saying it is impossible? Just look at Florida last season with Leak, he was a younger more talented QB that had no experience but as the season went along he showed more promise than their starter and ended up taking over mid season. Matt Mauck didn't exactly set the world on fire last season he just did what it took to let other players win the game and Randall after all these years couldn't even get a little mop up duty. He still may be the best we have and may be able to do just like Mauck and lead us all the way but at the current time the youngsters seem to have far more potential. I still think we can and will win with Randall but I also feel that at some point he gets passed. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

LOL, what do you mean," look at UF with Leak". You know why Leak got the job when he did. TE knows as well. That's why I can't believe you would make it sound like it was Leak passin Martin up on some depth chart. I don't suppose losses at UM and UT only 4 games into the season and the fireronzook website lightin up had anything to do with leak starting?
    Gator Nation was goin nuts about that time, so they gambled on the frosh, because any change was welcomed at that time, and it worked for em (somewhat). So, leak became the man.
    I feel we can win with Randall too, but if he gets passed, it will be somewhere along the line of why Martin no longer started for UF. JMO
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

4. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

Ok now u i meant best ever at LSU talent wise even though unproven talent, thats why it is called a prediction of what i think NOW. maybe randall has the intangibles to lead us to a solid season however from what i and everyone else in this forum saw two years ago and in mop up duty last year is a quarterback unsure about himself and with a pretty weak arm compared to the other two qbs. Now about the lock for 2005 NC is again an overstatement coming from what i see our team being in 2005 (f'in unbelievable). So take ya shots.:angryfire

5. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

TigerEducated, I agree with your

take on Perriloux. He will come to LSU if he thinks he can compete with the young guys. He will go somewhere else if he doesn't. That is the bottom line and there is only so much Saban can do. I have seen him play though and to me there is no doubt that he can compete because he has the complete package. From reading some of his recent quotes, I believe he is also realizing this. I hope we get him. As for our current QB's, Saban is looking for someone to complete short passes, manage the game, don't make stupid plays, and don't get sacked to give up field position. Obviously Randall's job to lose.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

:dis:

How is it favorable? If going on the road to play Auburn, UGA, UF, and Arkansas is favorable, then yes it's favorable. :dis:

My God. :dis:

7. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I would rather put in JM or MF over Marcus Randall. Let the Freshman learn this year and be ready for 2005. I would not use words like "lock" for the NC but I would be inclined to say with Randall at QB this year it could be a long season for the Tigers.

Play the Freshman!

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Let us not forget that Randall was an ACL injury away from being the starter in 2002. It's not as if Mauck was Joe Montana and Randall was Joe Dirt after Rohan left.

We are in the same situation we were last year with a QB who started ~6 games prior to the season.

Our first road game is @ Auburn that is no place for Flynn or Russell to be cutting there teeth on the road or more importantly in the SEC.

It's Randall's season...........Get behind him and live with it. Unless he throws a pick in the opening possession against the Beav's :rofl:

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You know, I heard a similar argument last year at this time ... start one of the freshmen QBs (most were saying Russell) over Mauck and take our lumps so the following year we would be really, really good.

I am so glad Saban doesn't listen to us...

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

In his defense, he was talking about the favorable schedule in 2005.

It's foohardy to call almost anything a lock, calling a NC a lock is stupid. So there's your shot you wanted. Of course we all wished you were right. :D

So true, and the similarities don't stop there, both had their good games, bad games and completely horrible games. Hopefully Marcus can follow Mauck's lead.

Another guy would would rather just write off next season even if the coaches think neither one of the young guys are ready. Nick isn't in the business of writing off seasons, and that would be real fair to the seniors on this team.

Let's see I can hear Saban talking to them now. " Boys, I know this is going to be your last season and that you would love to compete for an SEC title and a BCS Bowl berth and that you would love for me to play the QB that gives us the best chance to win this season. However, I feel that we would have a better chance to win in 2005 if we play one of the freshmen and we are going to sacrifice this season for next year. I know you guys have put in a lot of time and effort over the course of your careers here at LSU and that you think you deserve to have who we feel is the best QB playing but there are several posters on message boards who think otherwise so that's my final decision. And since we are really playing this season to only get better for next year, and since you guys won't be around next season, we've decided that all of the seniors will be emergency backups only. That way we can have the rest of the team get as much experience as possible for 2005. Marcus, Ben, Lionel, Corey, Travis, etc., I'm sorry and I know this will probably hurt your chances at getting drafted next year but I know your love for LSU outweighs all personal goals, thanks for your understanding."