QB options

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Sep 26, 2010.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

Its looking increasingly likely JJ is not going to be an SEC caliber QB. I'm not ready to pull the plug on him yet, but he's coming up on halfway though his third season and I've seen few indications of potential brilliance. Maybe he's going to turn out to be better as a capable backup--also a valuable thing to have.

Lee? Dont know. I'm curious to see how much, if at all, he has improved this year. I don't blame him for his freshman season, he was thrown into an impossible situation. Impossible to tell if he is the answer because he simply hasn't gotten any minutes, which is becoming increasingly indefensible the longer JJ fails to shine.

The cold, hard, painful truth may be that LSU just does not have a top quality QB available and all the bitching in the world at the coaches wont change that.

So, what other prospects do we have for the QB position? Anybody on the bench besides Lee and JJ that might deserve a shot if it becomes totally clear those two aren't going to cut it?

How about Shepard? Maybe Les needs to think outside the box and go to him. Can't pass you say? Uh, whats your point? Who do we have that can pass???? We become a running team.

Who else besides Shep? If it becomes clear over the next few games that JJ and JL are not going to be SEC starter material, then it may be time to start thinking about getting someone else ready for next season, even if it causes a loss or two this season.

2 people like this.
  2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Excellent post, except that we will lose 4 with the QB situation as it is right now. And that's a shame.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Lee deserves a shot, Mile isnt being really fair to him, give him a chance to make mistakes. I have seen enough of my boy JJ.

1 person likes this.
  4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I agree

Why not at least try to rotate the the 2 we got to see how they compare. If I was a WR right now on this team I would not feel like
    I was in the game.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

One thing that strikes me about Lee this year is that he has slimmed down and lost that "baby fat' look he was sporting when he was an interception waiting to happen.

Putting Lee in for a single series made no sense to me? Why put JJ back in for the remainder of the 4th Q? I wish Lee could have played out the quarter.

I feel like I need another beer.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The only reason that makes sense to me is that we were only going to run and at least JJ can do that somewhat (as long as it isn't an option).

7. Jester

Jester Founding Member

actually, where I stand, JJ's running ability seems to have decreased dramatically

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I don't get Miles. As long as he is winning...

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Jj is simply not progressing and now scares the hell out of me when he passes just like jl did two years ago. I see absolutely no reason not to at least put jl in more and see if he has matured any. It sure as hell couldn't be ant worse.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't disagree with your conclusions, but to be fair, he is not "halfway through his third season." He had 2 starts in '08, 12 last year, and now 4 this season. That's 18 starts, a season and a half. But TBH, I think he'll be the same after another 10.