Quarterback Battle?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 6, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What got him yanked though in 2011? 2 picks @ Alabama. I really still believe 2008 had an affect on the way Les coaches. He was a crazy man in 07, he faked a punt from his own end zone his first game. And then 08 happened. Whoa, I think it fucked him up because the fans turned on him and quick, and it was just after he releases Perriloux, and Lee is throwing pick 6's.

Really Zach Mettenberger is the only guy who was a turnover machine in some games and didn't get yanked, but the guy was so talented, and so much better than number 2, no way a change was being made.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Sorry LaSalle, but that fake punt from the endzone was not called by Miles or anyone else. The gunner on the right side was uncovered and signaled the punter who threw him the ball. To me that took some major gonads. Wish I could remember the two players involved, but at I my age can't rememer what I had for breakfast this morning.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The Special Teams Coach was Joe Robinson at that time, he taught this to his punters in practice.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Don't remember the punter but I thinks it was Ronnie Prude that caught the ball.

5. LaSalleAve

Even if he didn't call it, did he give Chris Jackson the freedom make that call on the field? From his own endzone, damn right it takes gonads, gonads to do it and gonads to give a kicker that freedom.

6. LaSalleAve

Chris Jackson

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Miles actually said in an interview after that game that Jackson surprised him even though they had practiced it many times. I think out wasn't really supposed to be an option that deep in our own territory.