Quarterback replacement?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by crm160, Mar 2, 2004.

1. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

Yea that is one of the more idiotic comments I've heard in a while.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Competition is a good thing, especially at quarterback. I'm not ready to annoint any of these players yet. Let's see how they look in spring practice. If there is going to be a sorting, that will be the first chance for one QB to separate himself from the pack.

LSU could have worse problems than three good QBs who can play. Still, one of them needs to emerge in the spring. If this is still a battle in fall practice, LSU will have a slow start trying to break in a new QB in a short amount of time.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I didn't, I was echoing the same thought, disappointed that some could post that comment. I agree, none of us have any idea how good or bad any of the freshman are. And to say it will be a battle for third string for Randall with Reever leaves be dumbfounded!!!

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

my mistake.....I thought you were disagreeing with Twisted Tiger to agree with me on the ":dis: thing" from max's post........does that make sense????:D :D

5. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

For all we know

Randall has improved greatly, not that he was the worst QB we've ever had OK? He looked excellent at some times and poor others. But I agree, it is his to lose because he has the experience Saban and staff likes......and frankly I like. He should get his shot at the job and he will.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

This type of comment just cracks me up...

Why would anyone think Saban is going to start someone who is not the best QB on the team?

No matter who it is, it'll be because the coaches think that's the best option for us at that time ... do we not trust our coaching staff to make the right decision?

If this was basketball, I would understand the lack of trust ;)

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

My assessment is that it will be spring training before Saban will decide. My gut feeling is Marcus Randall will start the season as #1. But i think he will work his way out.

In that i mean Marcus Randall has all the physical tools to be a great player but i dont think he has the intangibles to live up to it.

I cant explain it but some people are winners without all the great skills and some people with all the skills are not.

I will support whoever is chosen by Coach Saban because it is his job to put the best person on the field.

Judging by this past year i believe he knows what he is doing.

I hope the fans are a little patient with next years team. It takes a little time whoever is starting to get their experience and take a few knocks along the way.

Geaux Tigers

8. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

In the end Coach's Saban and Fisher will field the best quarterback we have. They are lot smarter and more knowlegable than anybody posting on this board. So let's sit back, let them do their job and enjoy the outcome.