Quarterback

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by msully, Feb 6, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

#2 in America behind fellow Floridian D. Kelley from Tampa Area and Rohan was LSU's best haul at QB in many years.

You think a bald-headed dwarf like Dallas that used a Rohan avatar around here for months would know that ...

then again ... Dallas thinks Auburn has had "great" recruiting classes.

2. indtigger

indtigger Freshman

This guy threw for over 1700 yards last year even though he missed five games with an injury. Sounds like he wants to be a Tiger no matter what.

Reever Visiting Officially This Weekend
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike Scarborough
    TigerBait.com Recruiting Analyst

National signing day was last Wednesday but that does not mean that the recruiting process is finished for everyone. Quarterback Jordan Reever of Garland, Texas has not put a seal on his future and this weekend he will take an official recruiting visit to LSU.

“I’m about 95% sure that LSU is where I am going to end up regardless of the scholarship situation,” Reever said.

Reever says that he will likely walk-on to LSU and then receive a scholarship at mid-term. There is also a possibility that someone who signed a scholarship with the Tigers last week could be convinced to enroll at midterm (greyshirt) so that Reever’s arm could be utilized in fall camp.

The Tigers have three quarterbacks on scholarship (Randall, Russell and Flynn) with no walk-ons so which will increase their number or reps. That situation could get stickier with an injury or someone transferring out of the program.

“It’s all a numbers game, when you’re a type of caliber team that LSU is you cannot afford to have only two or three guys at quarterback,” Reever said.

Reever stands at 6-foot-2, 200-pounds and runs 4.70 in the 40-yard dash. He finished his senior season with 1,750 yards passing and 19 touchdowns despite the fact that he missed five games due to a dislocated right elbow.

LSU linebackers coach and Assistant head coach Kirk Doll is recruiting Reever for the Tiger staff.

“I actually called coach Doll on signing day when I saw that Pat White had signed with West Virginia,” Reever said. “So, I was like hold on, what’s going to happen now.”

“I’m just excited to get down there this weekend and get ready for the fall,” Reever said. “I talked to Coach Doll tonight and he said he was going to get Matt Flynn to take me out Friday night.”

Mike’s note: Look for Reever to be a Tiger. He and his family want to sit down face-to-face with Kirk Doll and Nick Saban this weekend to iron out the details and get to meet the rest of the staff and tour the facilities. The main issue to iron out is whether he will walk-on and participate in the fall or be on scholarship and participate in the fall or greyshirt and enroll at midterm. The first scenario might be the most likely.

Here's something i was sent via e-mail from an alumni in south Houston, TX.............GEAUX TIGAHS