Quarterbacks?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Sep 8, 2002.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Has anyone seen Michael Harrison in practice. From watching the first game and listening to the Citadel game it appears that there is a problem. Maybe as Dandy Don says the WR's are not getting seperation. That coupled with the lack of pin point accuracy means we are going to struggle in the passing game until some receivers are found that can get open. I remember Saban talking last year about Reeds ability to plant his foot and make cuts. We witnessed that for two years, now some else needs to step up. From reports and listening to the game it seems that Randall is not the answer at least not at this time.

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I, also thought that Harrison would be in the mix, by now.

3. SO Tiger

SO Tiger Freshman

What I can't believe is that we have only played two quarterbacks and one of them for only one series. Either Saban is trying to make a statement, Mauck is the guy for better or worse (if this is the case why didn't we work on timing and throw it 40-50 times against Citadel?), or the others (Harrison, Clausen) aren't even close to ready. Either way I don't like that we only have one QB with game experience, I will not count one series for Randall.

4. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

Your second thought is the correct one. Clausen and Harrison are not ready.

5. SO Tiger

SO Tiger Freshman

That's what I thought.

I have a question on the passing game that maybe someone can answer, how much did the weather affect the play calling (pass/run) Vs. the Citadel? I have said a couple of times that we should have thrown 40+ times to work on timing, but I don't live in LA anymore so I have no idea what the weather was like at game time.

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Depends

It rained like wild hell about 2 hours before the game and then sprinkled off and on during the game.

I don't think the weather was a factor.

As god awful as this will sound but in the 2nd half we NEVER had control to where we could test. So i think they just tried to do what we could do best which was run.......and we didn't even do worth a crap with that.

The first half maybe they should have thrown more but the running game was clicking so i guess they stuck with it.

This team is hard to read. Right now something is missing. I'm not talking about a physical aspect of the game either. Something on the emotional or mental side.

I would have thought that after the butt chewing Saban did after Va Tech we would have come out with a vengeance but it didn't happen. Why who knows.

If i could put one thing on it i would say this team needs some Swagger or Cockiness something to get the blood flowin.

Who knows what's going to happen...i'm at a loss.....i wouldn't be surprised if they won or lost out (with the exception of ULL and Miss St).

7. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

While the rain its self wasn't bad during the game, the field was still wet, therefore making the ball wet. The worst thing the LSU coaching staff could have done was make it more difficult for Mauck to build up his confidence by throwing a wet ball around all night long.