Question about 2005 recruiting

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Curious Vol, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Curious Vol

Curious Vol Freshman

How many scholarships do you anticipate being available next February? I noticed on Dandy Don's site that you have 11 seniors, and presumably some others will leave early for one reason or another.

I also see that you have eight commitments already. So, do you have half of your class committed?

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Your guess is just as good as ours at this time, there isn't a person in the world that knows that, including Saban, I bet. Which kids give up football all together, who gets hurt, who transfers out, who leaves early for the draft. We still aren't certain how many we have this year as no announcements have been made yet about players transferring as far as I know.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah no way to know, but the number does seem to probably land between 15 and 20, again depending on all the factors you noted.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Last year around mid November on his weekly show Saban alluded to the fact that LSU would have room to offer 18 schollies this past recruiting season, they he goes out and signs what, 29? and also has at least 1 guy and maybe another transferring in on top of that. So like I said, your guess is just as good as ours.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nick may have serious problems meeting the 85-scholarship limit in August, unless some transfers or drop-outs happen. Reportedly all 28 incoming freshmen are eligible, so coach may have to ask several to gray shirt and enroll in January against next years numbers. LSU has few graduating seniors, so nobody expects LSU to award more than 18 or so scholarships in 2005.

LSU has 8 in-state committments and is really only recruiting a couple more and saving the rest for blue-chip out of state prospects.

Nick could have worse problems than being awash with talent.

:lsup:

6. Curious Vol

Curious Vol Freshman

Thanks, everyone.

People are saying Tennessee should have about 20 scholarships to offer in 2005, but I don't know how they arrived at that number. Like one of you said, Saban nor Fulmer probably know how many they will have.

7. alaman

alaman Founding Member

8. max

max Founding Member

I expect them to sign 23.

9. macv72

macv72 Freshman

Stable is full!

The rumor (Zems Gems) during the spring was that kids were ignoring scholarship offers at other schools for a chance to walk on with the Tigers. The madness in tiger-town will need a dose of thorazine if the Tigers threaten another NC. :laflagwav

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Will thorazine be strong enough?