Question about football tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, May 22, 2005.

1. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Hello everyone,
    I am a huge LSU fan and I was hoping to get to go to some football games this year but from what I am told by my friends, you almost have to be a member of the TAF to be able to get tickets? Is this true? I appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thanks. :geauxtige :usaflagwa

This is coming this year to LSU----------> :crystal:

2. blevins

blevins Founding Member

lsufan usually that is not the case. I have always had season tickets so I will speak on that front. Last year, every game except for the first one you had people selling tickets around campus for regular price. Now with the promise of the team this year and the amazing home schedule, if everything goes the way most tiger fans hope, it will be tough to find someone selling tickets.

Appalachin State might be a game where you would find people selling their tickets, the stadium being full on homecoming games is a myth.

3. Logan

Logan Founding Member

When do student tickets go on sale?

4. max

max Founding Member

If previous years are an indication, you will be able to buy individual game tickets for the North Texas, Appalachian State, and Arkansas games beginning in July or so.

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

Should be a couple weeks before the semester starts.

6. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

I'm a season ticket holder that lives out of state, so I always sell like 4 games.

7. ldufre2

ldufre2 Geaux Tigers!

I was wondering about season tickets myself. I just graduated and thus will be out of student tickets this year.

I CAN'T imagine not having season tickets, am I going to be able to get tickets or will I have to go on some waiting list????

Any help is appreciated.

8. ldufre2

ldufre2 Geaux Tigers!

9. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

New Season Tickets
    Based on availability, new football season tickets go on sale in the months of June or July. Season tickets can be purchased online, in person at the ticket office or by calling 225-578-2184 or 800-960-8587. Cash, check, American Express Visa, or MasterCard are acceptable forms of payment. All tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.

According to lsusports.net

I also understand that there is a points system in place for the TAF seats. If you were in TAFCC you would have a better chance.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My husband and I usually have my uncle who is a season ticket holder order tickets for us to the game or games we can get to. However, sometimes you can get creative and order tickets from the opposing school (that's not likely with an SEC team, though).

My husband graduated from UNT, so he might order us tickets from the Mean Green. We were going to do that last year for Oregon State, but they actually had a rule that they would NOT sell LSU tickets to anyone who wasn't an alum of OSU or a resident of Oregon. I didn't know anyone who fit either of those categories, but my uncle came through for us, instead.