question about Mike Williams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Quick question:

A while back when Mike Williams was leaving for the draft I seem to recall a contraversy over some statements that were made regarding the Trojans. Something along the lines of all the team members being for self and not team players. (or something similar) Can someone please refresh my memory on what was said and maybe provide a link to an article? Thanks.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I know what article you are talking about, because it was posted here in January. Maybe search the archives for that time frame, maybe these guys can provide it also

http://www.trojanhatersclub.bigstep.com/

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

just from memory, he had said something along the lines that the team had no leaders and played simply for themselves as you mentioned.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

More painful than Williams' departure may have been the controversial comments he made on his way out of town, telling USC's student newspaper, "We don't have a bunch of players who just love football. We don't have guys who are self-motivated." Those words, pretty harsh for team that just won (the fudge pac-10's idea of) the national championship, ruffled more than a few feathers around the locker room, causing Carroll to call a team meeting Tuesday night.

EDITED FOR BENGAL B

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/02/25/mandel.williams/index.html

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are those words again. I'm getting sick of seeing and hearing them.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Hasn't he requested that the NCAA allow him to be a Trojan again ? I'm sure that all we be forgotten.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Thank you much.