Question about Tyrus Thomas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Mar 16, 2005.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Tyrus was redshirted because he was injured, hurt his back I think.
    By the time he recovered enough to play he was behind so they decided not to play him this year.

Brady indicated, on one of the last radio shows, that he is talented and would be a big help to the team next year. He said he is a great shot blocker much like Stromile.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

nobody. he is awful and nobody would ever want a super-athlete that blocks anything that gets near him.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

hmmm, i dunno if i agree with that.

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Well TT has impressed me the most since playing at McKinley. Chauncey Moore, his HS coach who I don't like anyway, had him playing on the wing a lot and he shot a lot of 3s. He was nothing like this in HS. He had good jumping ability and could run the floor well. Just a very good athlete more than a B-ball player. TT has really matured and improved since HS. He reminds me now of Kedrick Brown. That would have been a good jumping contest b/c both could reach the sky and both are so quick off the floor. Both are great shot blockers, but the key is they do it w/o fouling. I really believe that if KB would have come to LSU a lot of people who are amazed at TT would have felt the same about KB.

There certainly are some fools gold in college recruiting as well as some diamonds in the rough. Some work out, others don't. TT just worked out. Glad he did. :thumb:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Who found this old thread? Must have been someone lookin to dig up dirt on the all knowing TE, man he sure knocked Thomas a lot last year to help support his bashing f Brady. He also said Temple was worth giving a schollie to as well. That class is looking better and better in my eyes.LSU!