Question about your backup QB

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SCGamecock, Oct 14, 2002.

1. SCGamecock

SCGamecock Freshman

I've been reading reports about your starting QB possibly missing this game Saturday. Now, first of all, you guys have to remember who our coach is and we've seen plenty of mis-directions when it comes to injuries. So I won't believe he's sitting until I see your 2nd string QB run out on the field. But my question is what kind of QB is Randall (I believe that's right)? Is he a better passer than Mauck or better runner or are they both similar? Just curious.

Looking forward to enjoying a beer with some real Tiger fans!

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

They are pretty similar. Randall doesnt throw the ball as well, but it wont really change the offense. I think we will still try to do the same thing by controlling the line and pound with the run.

I dont know if Saban is trying to be tricky here. When he got hurt he left the game but then came right back, only to leave on the very next play. So I think it is more serious than first thought, and the staff is just taking precautions.

3. SCGamecock

SCGamecock Freshman

Thanks for the replies guys. I think Saturday night might be one of those great smashmouth SEC games. With both teams trying to control the line of scrimmage. It seems as though you guys are a run first type of offense with a good running QB, which is similar to us. The only difference being that your offense has been more effective this year than ours.

4. shadez

shadez Freshman

If we can stop putting the ball on the ground in the Red Zone, then it could be a damn good game Saturday night.

But if we continue this turnover bug (it's been under control the past two games), then it could get ugly in The Valley.

The LSU D is nothing to play around with. I tip my hat to the #1 ranked defense in America. Those numbers (207.8 ypg) are just plain out sick. The #2 defense is Texas, giving up almost 50 yards more a game. That's a HUGE gap and shows you how well the Bayou Bengals are playing on D.