question/answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

what boyfriend, I wasnt there.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

my plan is getting derailed i dont think i can buy in philly with a new york address. i need a 300 dollar permit and 100 dollar fingerprint fee. thats more than the gun! fuck it.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm a fan of Walther pistols, but .22LR is an anemic round. Fine for cheap target shooting but dangerously underpowered for self defense.

Come home to Louisiana, they will sell guns to anybody. Trouble is . . . all the top guns are on backorder for God knows how long. There was a feeding frenzy after Sandy Hook.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Q: For those who have read "lone survivor" would you have shot the goat herders?

For those that have not read it here is the sitch

4 seals are in a hide position to overwatch a village so they can take out a local taliban leader. They are on the side of a mountain with very little cover/concealment to begin with when 3 goat herders stumble upon them. There is no way to tell if they are taliban, taliban friendly, or just minding goats. They have to make a decision, cap these three fools, who are unarmed and shitting in their man dresses or let them go.

What do you do?

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Depends how high level this guy was. You said local, so I would probably say no. It's all about net utility. If the taliban leader will kill ten that night, of course you kill 3 to kill him. But theres also the fact that you don't know for sure if you kill the goat herders, you will kill the taliban leader. In the end, it's impossible to say without fully being there.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The guy they were hunting was a HVT, one of obl's highest officers.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Well then, click clack, sucks to be a goat herder.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a judgement call. In the real-life Bravo Two Zero incident, the British SAS team's entire mission went to shit when their behind-the-lines hidey hole was discovered by a 12-year-old walking his goats. They were only there to observe movement along a road, so they let the boy run away for help and had to hump it out QT and ended up being captured after a long E and E.

If it had been a mission to kill bin Ladin, I suspect they would have captured the boy to gain more time before he was missed. If necessary they would have killed him and wrote it off as the ill fortunes of war.

But in essence, once they were discovered it did not matter much whether they let him run for help or captured him or killed him. Their cover was blown anyway. Shepherds will be missed soon enough and someone else will come looking. Time to go.

9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Technically after Obama began gun control talk

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I promised you, you can't trust me :)