question/answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This was just as real life and almost identical

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

My gun dealer in philly I had been emailing with told me with my New York address I could fuck myself and he would not sell to me. Damit

3. shane0911

What do you want martin? PM me and we can make a deal. Legal of course, nothing against the law

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

You are a nice fella for offering but I can't imagine a scenario that does not put you and me both at risk legally. Thanks though.

My new plan is a gun show, I think they are lazy and don't care about my New York address. The Philadelphia gun shop guy I was emailing did basically tell me to fuck off like it was the craziest thing in the world that I could go to his shop a buy a pistol.

Have any of you bought a gun with the background check? I am awesome and have no problems in my background, but my home address is a problem, as NYC is nuts. Does the background check form ask for address? I know it does, it must.

Anyways, my intention is to do something illegal, to own a handgun without paying 400 for licensing in New York City.

5. shane0911

Establish residency elsewhere.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

I am thinking about maybe bringing my passport to a gun shop, which does not have my address, then just inventing a Pennsylvania address, I can't imagine any authorities caring enough to figure out if I actually live there.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

U
    Pretty sure there's going to be that box you have to check that says we're going to lock you up if you're not telling the truth.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Lots of things are said, not a lot are enforced. Do you anticipate cops coming to my fake residence? Please.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

You never know the way these nuts are trying to regulate us.

OkieTigerTK and fanatic like this.
  10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

One of my wife's best friends (and her husband) own a gun store in the Houston area. The husband was interviewed on Fox a few months ago to discuss how some sort of UN (think it was the UN) ruling or proposal of some sort would affect gun sales in the US. This was months before Sandy Hook.

We inherited a few of my wife's grandfather's guns from his military career. I don't know anything about guns but two of them are Colt 45's (I think) with one being a collector's item (1911 series maybe?). Anyway, we had our friends with the gun store clean them out for us and they are going to help us learn to care for them and take us to a shooting range. I think my wife said we didn't need to register or license them if we are just keeping in our home. Not sure if that would be subject to change at some point soon.