question/answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Never lie with a paper trail, especially regarding the Feds. Background check is a breeze if you have no criminal record. You address is inconsequential as far as federal background approval is concerned. Your issue is apparently some state statute. vacation in Louisiana or some westen state and go buy a gun.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

you have to show form of government issued id with current address, the form asks for current address, where you were born, city, state,and country. are you a legal resident of this country. age, height, blah, blah, blah. and a whole line of questioning regarding arrests, restraining orders, are you being treated for mental health issues, all of that. then a few lines that you have to sign and date that all of the information you gave is true or if not, the feds will not be happy with you.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Welcome back, stranger.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

I do not understand. Do politicians that favor gun bans intend to take guns away from people, or just prevent their sale?

5. red55

All I have heard is banning sales of new military weapons. No one could get away with confiscating guns in America.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

I think they did at in England, not sure though because I think I heard piers morgan say it and that dude talks nonsense. If they did ban assault rifles and not take them away, it wouldn't amount to much, just create a black market. And everyone would buy a stock of them before the ban. He'll I would buy 5 of them before the ban.

7. red55

They did it in Australia, but only for assault weapons. It seems to have worked out because they left all the hunting weapons alone.

That won't happen here, but I do expect that owners will soon have to register assault weapons.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Someone who uses the tyrannical government excuse as a reason to not restrict "assault"weapons, please tell me what chance rebels have against the American military even with "assault"weapons?

If your argument is because I'm American and I should be able to own anything I want as long as I don't infringe upon the rights of others, I can hardly argue with that, but why not lobby for RPG's and Stingers too? It just doesn't make sense to me.

If you are an avid gun collector, why isn't there a collectors permit or something?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

RPG's are highly unreliable. The damn thing has just as good a chance of exploding in your basement as it does of when it hits the target, IF it hits the target. Then it has an equally good chance of being a damned dud. Happens all the time.

Stingers on the other hand, yeah if you can afford one. Bastards have to be pricey. Then once you have one what the hell are you going to do with it? I don't think the FBI would take to kindly to you taking target practice at commercial airliners. (not to mention poof, there goes your expensive ass rocket) Just doesn't make a lot of sense to have one. Not saying if anyone wanted one they shouldn't be allowed, and for reasons stated, I would not be opposed to a little outpost of Feds camped right outside their door either.

10. red55

Hundreds of Stingers were left in the hands of the Afghans after the Russian War. Not a single friggin' one of them has ever been used to attack a plane. Why, you ask? The main reason is that they can't be stored very long without regular maintenance. They have special batteries that you can't get just anywhere. They have cryogenic cooling elements that makes its IR seeker the best. Those chemicals leak out. Propellants age and become unreliable. The Rags had no idea of how to store and maintain these weapons, they became as useless as a rock. I suspect the spooks also had them equipped with chips that self-destructed after a certain amount of time.

People are now worried about the RUssian shoulder-launched surface-to-air missiles that disappeared in Libya. Well most of them dated from the 80's and are practically useless by now. And the few thousand modern missiles are like Stingers. I watch the video of the warehouse being looted. The stupid Rags were taking the missiles out of their sealed containers and throwing them into the back of trucks like they were RPG'sor something. The certainly damaged most of them, but worse . . . they left behind the harshell cases that would have protected them and which contained the battery chargers, test packs, and instruction manuals. We won't have to worry much about those missiles either.

So . . . don't waste any money on a black market Stinger. You are better off with Ma Deuce . . . and they are gettable, too.