Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

question/answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

U
    Pretty sure there's going to be that box you have to check that says we're going to lock you up if you're not telling the truth.
  2. martin

martin Banned Forever

Lots of things are said, not a lot are enforced. Do you anticipate cops coming to my fake residence? Please.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

You never know the way these nuts are trying to regulate us.
    OkieTigerTK and fanatic like this.
  4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

One of my wife's best friends (and her husband) own a gun store in the Houston area. The husband was interviewed on Fox a few months ago to discuss how some sort of UN (think it was the UN) ruling or proposal of some sort would affect gun sales in the US. This was months before Sandy Hook.

We inherited a few of my wife's grandfather's guns from his military career. I don't know anything about guns but two of them are Colt 45's (I think) with one being a collector's item (1911 series maybe?). Anyway, we had our friends with the gun store clean them out for us and they are going to help us learn to care for them and take us to a shooting range. I think my wife said we didn't need to register or license them if we are just keeping in our home. Not sure if that would be subject to change at some point soon.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Never lie with a paper trail, especially regarding the Feds. Background check is a breeze if you have no criminal record. You address is inconsequential as far as federal background approval is concerned. Your issue is apparently some state statute. vacation in Louisiana or some westen state and go buy a gun.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

you have to show form of government issued id with current address, the form asks for current address, where you were born, city, state,and country. are you a legal resident of this country. age, height, blah, blah, blah. and a whole line of questioning regarding arrests, restraining orders, are you being treated for mental health issues, all of that. then a few lines that you have to sign and date that all of the information you gave is true or if not, the feds will not be happy with you.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

Welcome back, stranger.
  8. martin

martin Banned Forever

I do not understand. Do politicians that favor gun bans intend to take guns away from people, or just prevent their sale?
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All I have heard is banning sales of new military weapons. No one could get away with confiscating guns in America.
  10. martin

martin Banned Forever

I think they did at in England, not sure though because I think I heard piers morgan say it and that dude talks nonsense. If they did ban assault rifles and not take them away, it wouldn't amount to much, just create a black market. And everyone would buy a stock of them before the ban. He'll I would buy 5 of them before the ban.