question/answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I am moving to Baton Rouge in July probably. Maybe I will message red and have a pint at pastime with him. I like that guy.

I am probably gonna buy or rent a cheap and small house near the garden district or downtown. Will probably buy a gun, which was the question that started this thread.

I wonder if I had a gun filled with very loud blanks would that be an effective criminal deterrent, like when an intruder come you just start firing off loud ass blanks. What sort of ballsy criminal wouldn't just bolt?

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Blanks are typically just as loud as real ammo, sometimes louder because of the pressure required to action the ejection system but not nearly as effective.

If you are using a handgun then you may want to shop for a BFA, I'm sure they have them but I've yet to see one for a pistol. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that I haven't heard or seen one. Might have to make one or just plug the barrel with mud or something.

Good luck

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Right but wouldn't the firing just end the confrontation? Meaning don't folks that come in your house to steal your shit have no interest in taking cover and trying to flank you or whatever in some strategic shootout?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just buy a real gun and shoot the mofo. His gun will have real bullets. Odds are you would never have to use it anyway.

5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Unless he panicked and shot back. But to be fair, some burglars don't even have guns. Not having a real gun if someone broke in while you're home is about the same as nobody breaking in. Both scenarios might work.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Odds are also greater I shoot myself, according to the stats.

I do not think home invaders actually shoot people that often. I think they run away when shots are fired. Their goal isn't to kill me its to steal and get away

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Still, bad as it would be to be killed, do you want the additional humiliation of your killer laughing at you for bringing a toy to a gunfight?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you are worried about shooting yourself because of inexperience take a course in the care and handling of your weapon. Worth doing even if you don't plan to get a concealed carry license. At least you will learn to be proficient in the use of firearms

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Suicide is a destroyer of white males, I think that would be the largest risk. And though I am not particularly depressed, I don't think owning a gun makes me safer.

Plus, with blanks I don't need a gun locker or trigger lock or any sort of worry about it.

Given that I have no urge to carry a gun with me anywhere, I don't think there would be a huge loss in the protective capability of a gun firing blanks, because I think when an intruder is in your house and they hear you coming and firin off rounds they run almost every time.

Plus, like q Tarantino in pulp fiction, I would prefer not to have a dead nigger in my house.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do they even sell blank pistols? I had one when I was 11 or 12. Was a starter pistol for track events but it didn't look very scary. I don't even know if they sell blanks for a .38 or a 9mm or anything. If they do you could buy a real on and have the option of real or blank ammo