question/answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

One day you will make several doctors even richer.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've been hearing that too, but I'm a creature of habit and don't know if I can make myself change my standard Popeye's order to try one.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

maybe. at the time i was eating popeyes every single day, same item 6 times a week, i was also running marathons, so was fit as fuck.

anyways i maintain that the new popeyes chicken sandwich is the best fast food item i have ever consumed, which isnt a very high standard, although i have had some damn good burgers at shake shack and in and out burger

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I am one and of those who hates In and out. I'm surrounded by them. I get that you do like em tho, most folks who are satisfied by garbage usually love them some in and out. But I don't mind saying I never knew Popeye's even had a sammich. I always hit the pimp and never really thought to try anything else. So I am going tomorrow to get their sammich and hope I am half as pleased as you.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the closest Popeyes to me is 45 miles....

but I’m getting one tomorrow

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am definitely satisfied by garbage. i have only had in an out in vegas, and it was pretty good.

the best fast food burger is shake shack, which, like in/out is not all that available. i have had it in new york and dubai. its like rich man's 5 guys.

in and out has the lettuce burger, which is nice and wish was available locally. my current understanding of nutrition is that everything, no matter how greasy or processed, is healthy, if its low carb.

kcal, i dunno about going far to get popeyes, you will be disappointed. i like everything. that doesnt mean you will like it. buy one if you drive by popeyes already. dont go out of your way.

7. mctiger

Tried the sandwich tonight. On the positive side, it is basically a boneless chicken breast cooked in the usual Popeye's way, so no one is going to beat the chicken itself. But, it has mayo and pickles, and that's it. And I hate pickles. A slice of cheese and a little lettuce and tomato would make it insanely good.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

cheese would be terrible but lettuce and tomato would be exquisite. cheese doesnt go well with really crispy fried chicken. what makes popeyes good is how crunchy and delicious the outer bits are, cheese would really put a damper on it.

popeyes is modeling the simple sandwich after chik-fil-a, which is also a good sandwich. very simple. mcd has the southern style CS, and it is ok.

but i wholeheartedly agree about tomatoes. a thick fresh tomato slice on any meat/bun device is great.

10. mctiger

Wait, you're disagreeing with me? In 2019 America, I believe I'm supposed to call you a racist at this point.

KyleK and Bengal B like this.