QUESTION APPEARS TO BE ANSWERED

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple & Gold, Sep 19, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I heard his press conference. Same thing applies to him as to you. No one in that press conference mentioned abandon the run forever, except on the last drive obviously.

Everything I said in my post is still there whether you like it or not.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is absolutely not jimbo's formation, its just a variation of the strong-I that Les Miles loves from the big-10. If you didnt figure that out the first time it was lined up, well, nevermind.

But I dont hate it. I actually like the idea of shifting and changing things like the old dallas cowboys just to give a different look but it wasnt effective at all last game and it was bascially the only run formation they showed so it wasnt fooling anyone.

With a speed d like AU we thought we could line up and smash them in the mouth. Obviously that wasnt working. Les and Jimbo said we were one block away or ONE missed assignment from getting 125 yds more rushing? Umm, Im not sure what game les saw but I dont recall one stuffed play where it was only one guy in the backfield. it was much more of a problem than one guy.

This is when a spread formation would have been worth a shot and forcing them to drop a linebacker and spread out the d. then a bigger guy like alley would be more likely to bust one one-on-one with a smaller defense. Less blockers but obviously no one was being blocked anyhow. your best chance was less people in the box and let alley (or charles scott) try to create.

Anyhow, its now past but the dinardo reference I assume is because of Les' stubbornness to not adjust or admit what the problem is. As insanely stubborn as saban was he had no problem valuing input and correcting what went wrong on the field. Changing how he felt about certain personalities, well, thats another story.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If this is true then it is a key and it may be a problem. I shall have to watch the video again.

Also the "hopping" fullback does that out of other formations, too.

4. tirk

guess who this jackass was? I heard it and ill give you one guess.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But they shift out of the formation to wide sets frequently and they often swap the strong side late in the shift. It's not a 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust formation on every play.

That's putting our best wepaon, the pass, at a disadvantage to try to gain more rushing yards. I'm not sure I like that at all.

I think we had a very balanced offence before Auburn and we are not likely to face as good a defense again this year. This ain't the best game to judge by, maybe.

6. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

We didn't run the ball all that much.

7. tirk

42/18 p:r 70%-30%

i charted the plays and did the mathematical formulas myself.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Don't really remember that happening. Wouldn't matter anyway because we only have one receiever on the field.

Not at all. Because they then have to cover both aspects of the game. When we are in that bunch formation. we are either running behind the full back, or dumping the ball quick.

The field is 50 yrds wide and we have only been using half of it to run our offense. Our receivers are like having Randy Moss (Bowe), Chad Johnson (Davis), and Steve Smith (Doucet) in the game all at the same time. With Plaxico Buress (Lafell) waiting for his turn on the sidelines. The extra DB isn't going to make that much difference.

***No I do not think they are as good as those guys yet, just an analogy.

You're right. But it didn't work in the first two games either. And we will not face a worse defense than them the rest of the year either.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You math skills are fine, but your counting needs a little work.:wink:

It was 37/23.

10. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I just dont understand why we dont attack. When I watched pieces of the USC game they attacked all game. They have freshmen running backs in the game. It feels like we are scared to make a mistake. We cant put the freshmen running backs in because of mistakes. Stop giving the ball to Justin out of the eye. It does not work. get him the ball in space- on some counters on screens on tosses. go back and watch him as a freshmen all of his big gains are on runs where he can find the hole.

I dont want to hear against SEC defenses you need to be scared. Why was Steve Spurrier so successful at Fl. because he attacked on every single play. Our Defense looks great. Didnt Les say before the game that we had been very conservative. We were more conservative than any other game i have ever seen. Why did we not run any counters, or reverses. Auburn has a fast D and we played into their hands all night.

We have a ton of talent on Offense but it doesnt matter if we dont use it.