Question - Can you Bandwagon

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by TexasTigers, Jan 25, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

So full disclosure. I am a die hard LSU fan and all my life I never could invest a deep passion for the Saints. So if people have ever asked me "You like the Saints" I have always said "I am a passing Saints fan"
    I live in Texas and could care less about the Cowboys. Again I usually watch them or the Saints because they are on TV. My wardrobe is completely LSU...

So I ask my friend, can I wear Saints gear and Cheer for the Saints at my neighbors SUperbowl party without being classified as a band wagon.

Some evidence in my favor
    1. I am born and raised in Louisiana.
    2. I lived through Katrina without power for 2 weeks, and lost my office on Carrollton in downtown New Orleans (Hence the move back to Texas.
    3. My daughter was born in South Louisiana
    4. My wife loves the Fleur De Lis since we hail from Louisiana and my house has everything from a Paper towel holder to the welcome sign as a Fleur De Lis. Although full disclosure its a Louisiana thing not a Saints thing
    5. My Father and Brother are both Season ticket holders. I have attended many games.
    6. Grew up in Saints family.
    7. I once met Hokie Gagan.
    8. My wife has several Fleur De Lis cake pans and candy molds she has used for years. So she is making a Saints cake

Evidence against my bandwagon jump
    1. I only have one article of clothing that has a Saints on it (Fleece hoody)
    2. I have never worn a Saints hat on the golf course (Always LSU)
    3. I have not gotten mad at a Saints loss.
    4. I once wore a bag on my head going to a game with my dad as a little kid. Because I thought it was funny
    5. I once used the old hand washers in the dome as a urinal because. Frankly they looked like Urinals
    6. Again I am a passing NFL fan and have never claimed to be a Die hard saints fan. I am to committed to my LSU passion not much room for anything else.

So am I not allowed to get a Saints hat, a Saints cheer leading outfit for my Daughter for the Superbowl Party we are attending?
    My wife already has Saints gear to wear. She ironically is a bigger Saints fan then I am.

I am really torn.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Jump on board....but if you do....don't look back.

3. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

I have lived in Baton Rouge all of my life but I grew up a cowboys fan. After Jones bought the team I could not stand Cowboys. For about about 16 years I had no NFL team. I would only watch Monday night football and the superbowl. I was glad when the Saints did well but was not fan.

When the Dome reopend after the storm and they beat the Falcons I started to take notice. By the time the beat down the Cowboys later that year I was a fan.

So I am a new fan but did not just jump on the bandwangon.

I say its never to late to see the light.

Saintslogo

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Welcome to the Who Dat Nation.

....anyone else?:popcorn:

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

not a band wagon fan, but up to the last couple of games, a silent one.

i thought i was a jinx.

this fall, i would listen to games on sundays on my way home from br. i would go back and forth some between the saints and nascar. if i was listening, things would go wrong. i would turn to nascar and then come back and things had been going right and they would have scored. same with when i would watch on tv or over the net. the games they lost.... i watched all the way through.

last week and last night i was almost afraid to watch. i was afraid i would jinx them. i was afraid to say "who dat" to anyone. i just knew that if the football gods knew i was a saints fan they would kick em.

and yes, i really believe all that. anyone that knows me knows i have a strong mojo meter.

so not a bandwagon fan, but a damned superstitious one!

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

just as long as you never became a fan of dallas you can jump on board. there is just no forgiving that.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

my sister is not only an oklahoma state fan, but a dallas cowboy fan.

my poor father has to referee family dinners.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

NO I actually cheer for Cowboy losses. Not because I am anti-cowboy. I really dont care. But the impending meltdown, knee jerk and just insane reaction here in Dallas is always amusing.

The only Dallas team I am a fan of is the Dallas Stars (I like Hockey)
    I hate the Dallas Mavericks with a passion as my disdain for Mark Cuban runs deep.....

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this is your most damning piece of evidence, but being both a saints fan and a tigers fan i can say the saints fans are more accepting of bandwagoners.

we love everybody. and let's be honest we've seen every kind of loss possible so die hard saints fans are very forgiving people as well. Saintslogo

i vote yes.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

So, I am not capable of being forgiven?