Question - Can you Bandwagon

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by TexasTigers, Jan 25, 2010.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I remember when the Saints came into the NFL, Dempsey's record setting field goal, Archie at QB, the NFL movie when Charlton Heston played a Saints QB, and fans in the Dome wearing paper bags. Being born and raised in SW La I was more of an Oilers fan than a Saints fan.

Having spent most of my adult life in CO I became a Broncos fan. That is until #7 retired.

I've enjoyed watching the Saints the past couple of years. They've really come on strong.

If there's a seat left on the bandwagon, I'll hop on.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

My wife and I watched the game together. I was pacing like I do during LSU games. To be honest I have never done that before for a Saints game, I have watched hundreds and cheer for them, but never even close to the passion I have for the Tigers. If they lose, usually within 10 minutes I have moved on, same with a win. An LSU loss takes usually years for anger to subside. For example I am still REALLY pissed about the Miami of Ohio loss......:). But my entire friend base and family are all die hard saints fan, so I was cheering more for my friends and family and most importantly my home state and region of that state (South Louisiana). I went nuts when it hit. So much I got the dogs barking and my daughter covering her ears. So yeh I really found myself this year rooting for the Saints. But all my friends here in Texas are calling me a Bandwagon fan, because I only wear LSU stuff and they have maybe seen me once in something the Saints on it.

My wife was shocking to be honest, I have NEVER seen her so into a football game. Even LSU. She cheers for LSU so her husband wont punch holes in the wall and make our child cry with foul language. But she basically told us to be quiet during the game because we were distracting her. My daugher she is three, she thinks every football game is LSU. Matter of fact she was cheering for the vikings for about 10 minutes because she thought they "LSU" because of the purple and gold. My wife had to explain "we are cheering for the Black and Gold" she was confused because all she see's in purple and gold so assumed must be LSU and daddy likes Purple and gold. Makes sense I guess, but she is 3.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh no. not being able to jump off has resulted in many suicides for saints fans. you can jump on and off as needed as long as you continue to rightfully hate the cowboys and plastic-man jerry jones.

4. TexasTigers

Deal...

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I don't think it's ever to late to become a fan of the team. The real test is how committed are you? If you jump right back off and start bashing the team after a down season, you are a bandwagoner. We're starting to see who the bandwagoners are for LSU right now and who are the real fans. Same thing with the Saints. You want to be a fan, be a fan for life!

Ironically, when I was 8, I hated the Saints. I remember the first playoff game and my whole family in front of the TV yelling at it, and I cheered for Minnesota. Finally, sometime in 1988, I was watching the Saints demolish the Rams, and decided I wanted to be a Saints fan. 22 years and lots of painful seasons later, still love this team, and can't believe where we are right now! So if you're a new fan, welcome aboard!

6. TexasTigers

Well you can search high and low, I have never bashed the saints on TF.
    Actually I have maybe one post in the Saints Forum, and this is it.
    I read it all the time, never just had an opinion.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

when jerry jones hires away sean payton and we are stuck with bum phillips the 4th or whomever as HC it is essential to jump off the bandwagon.

each coach has to earn their respect now. no more blind following from me. make no mistake, tom benson will screw this up in due time. we just need to enjoy it while it lasts.

that senile bastard was trying to bolt in middle of the night like that scumbag little nickie.

8. kjun4LSU

kjun4LSU Founding Member

QUOTE=TexasTigers--My wife and I watched the game together. I was pacing like I do during LSU games. To be honest I have never done that before for a Saints game, I have watched hundreds and cheer for them, but never even close to the passion I have for the Tigers.

Ditto but, I was also rantin' & ravin' about the Saints inability to stop the Vikes on third down, just like the Tigers all last year.

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

it seems to me like rita is actually a good egg. i don't think she would move the team. maybe it's all smoke and mirrors though. or maybe i just give people the benefit of the doubt too much.
    you're right about tom though.

10. TexasTigers

Funny you should say that, more than once I said "Did Crowton sneak into the dome and grab the headset" because some of those plays in the 4th qtr where very Crowtonish. The double reverse to Bush, the two HB dives for loss on 1st and 2nd, among some others.
    I was like "holy cow, its Crowton !"