Question - Can you Bandwagon

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by TexasTigers, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Yes, there were some scary moments of dejavu during that game. The biggest for me was the third down conversions, missed tackles, and a defense that whispered "Bend but don't break." However, we came out ahead and not by much which was good voodoo

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

When the Saints came into the NFL: I was there for the first game

Dempsey's record setting field goal (North's first game as head coach following Fears): I was there but my friends dad wanted to leave early so we heard the roar from a few blocks away walking to the car.

Archie Who: I was there for his first game. He scored running around the end as time expired to beat the Rams. Some still question whether he got in.

The game when they filmed Charleton Heston: It was Number One. Watched them film some of the movie at halftime (similar to Everybody's All American at LSU)

Nice memories.

3. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I wouldn't consider myself a bandwagon fan, but I'm not the same about the Saints as I am about LSU.

For one thing, I just don't have the time to keep up with both college football and the NFL, so when I had to chose which to make time to follow, LSU won. Actually, it wasn't even a contest.

That said, I try to keep up with pro ball when I can, and the Saints are usually the team I'm keeping up with, along with my adopted Ravens...not always, and certainly not during some less-than great Benson seasons. Right after Katrina, I didn't care if they stayed or not, because it looked to me like Benson wanted out. But they did stay put, and Rita's in charge of things...and I believe that she really wants the Saints to stay where they are (and I think she's a much much much better administrator than her granddad). Moreover, the city and team's attachment to each other seem to have grown since then. Right now, I can't imagine N.O. without the Saints, and that wasn't the case a few years ago.

But I always had a soft place in my heart for the Saints. I remember how my parents loved them back when Archie was playing, how big it was when we finally had our first winning season, how great it was to see Hilliard play for them, how fun the first playoff game was, and how much fun I had going to games with my N.O. friends back when I was at LSU.

I don't have any Saints apparel (hard-earned money is spent of LSU gear), but I do have various Saints things (nerf football, bottle opener, Christmas ornament). So maybe I'm not a Bandwagon fan, just someone who feel asleep during the ride.

1 person likes this.
  4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Numbers were just reported for last night's game... 57.9 million TV viewers watched the game, which is the most viewers for any non-Super Bowl American TV event except for the Seinfeld Finale in the late 90's. Remember that last regular season game for the 15-0 Patriots, that was the first time in history that all the major networks broadcasted the same game... yeah, the Saints got more people watch our game than that game did. Of all the great non-Super Bowl games in NFL history, of all the great playoff games in NFL history, of all the great MLB games and NBA games and NCAA games... none... none of them got more viewers than the Saints got last night. The Saints Super Bowl might go down as the most-watched Super Bowl in history, and the #1 all-time watched TV event in American TV history!

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

"Shotgun" Saintslogo

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

What he said

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Called it first. But you can ride dog in back with the cooler. :wave:

Oh, can we stop at every Sonic on the way?

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

YES!:grin:

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Just make sure that when you jump you don't land on the edge of the wagon, you'll get pushed off real quick by all the rest that are jumping on. Welcome Aboard all are welcome. The Real "America's Team".

Been a fan all my life, mom and dad had season tickets for years. This moment is something that I really don't have words to express. I think that for the city of NOLA and the people there this is better than anything else that could happen since Katrina. I really liked what Brees and the players had to say, and how this one is for the people of NOLA. It is quite evident that not only are they players on the team, but have become part of the great heritage around them. Win or lose I couldn't be prouder to say that I am a New Orleans Saints fan. Always have been, and always will be. Saintslogo

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Was that you who threw the Saints hat when Gilliam ran the opening kickoff back? As I was jumping up and down with my hands in the air a Saints cap floated down and landed at my feet. At the time I took it as a positive omen, but last summer I finally lost the cap and now the Saints are in the Superbowl.