Question/comment--from Gamecocks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by surf, Oct 15, 2002.

1. surf

surf Freshman

Very nice board.......will look forward to perusing it.

Being a more "mature" (older) poster than many, I remember many of the older LSU teams, even Jimmy Taylor, Stovall, et al, and specifically remember that seemingly every year there was a team member with a name with a pronounced French flair......cannot remember any specific names. Must have been Cajun area folks from your state. When did you lose any of those type players.........the French ancestry? what were some of the names?......They always were interesting and had a flair to the names.

Also, Because of his great success at LSU, the times he whipped us bad, and the fact that we were desperate at the time, and also that this was a difficult place to revitalize football, we brought in Paul Dietzel(from Army), probably after his prime.........and yet again Carolina proved to be the graveyard of coaches, and he had very limited success.

Thats also why we love Lou, he is doing it in the toughest conference, in the toughest division(and we had always been in a lesser conference the ACC) in a place where it was deemed impossible .

2. surf

surf Freshman

Sorry, in my message above........didn't mean to possibly disparage your division, the west, and if I was thinking would not have posted in that manner.......just that I am so impressed with the teams that we have to play every year, in our section

Hope you accept my apology, and did not mean to flame

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Hi surf, do not be so sensitive to the flame. The truth is the East has been winning the SEC. Maybe LSU has turned that around as of 2002.

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Actually we turned that around in 2001!;)

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Yea Hugh we sure did. I guess I was thinking of the Sugar Bowl WIN and not the SEC.