Question for Basile Tiger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Mar 18, 2004.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Did you attend the top twenty four tournament? If so what players impressed you ?
    Do you or anyone else know if we recruited Zeno?

2. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Hey

I saw the White Castle vs. Elton game in the semi's since Elton is a local team.

But I checked the box scores of all the games in the tourney.

The stand-out players in the tourney in opinion in this order would be.

1) Glenn Davis - University High. Unstoppable in both games. No one could guard him.

2) Martin Zeno - Also unstoppable. They played DJ Augustine and Brother Martin in the semis, and Zeno had over 30 points. Zeno is the real deal and it's a shame LSU isn't getting him.

3) Tasmin Mitchell - Denham Springs. Everyone knows that Tasmin is headed to LSU. He is Butch Pierre's godson. The 6'7" junior had a good tournament averaging over 20 points a game.

4) Matthew Barrow - Southern Lab. The 6'3" guard is a natural. He averaged over 20 points a game, leading Lab to the state championship in Class 1A.

5) DJ Augustine - Brother Martin's guard will be a good one. He is lighting quick and is about 6'0". Don't know if he's a sophomore or a junior.

6) Garrett Temple - The 6'6" guard gave other teams problems. He had 20 points in the finals over Jeanerette.

7) Derrick Gray - The 6'3" guard is a true scorer. Don't know if he has the grades to play division I though. He is a senior.

Any other input or other guys that I missed. I know there are some out there.

Elton High School has a junior guard Kyle Victorian that can flat out play. He is 6'3" 170 pounds. Small school guard who averaged about 25 points a game against sub par competition. He can shoot the NBA 3-pointer and can jump out of the gym. We'll see if he has the grades next year.