Question for Guitar Players

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Mar 8, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It has a Fender name on it but make no mistake, it is not a fender

2. shane0911

Yep, that's why you have to go look at them. Check the neck close to the tuners, look at the frets closely and make sure they are even. Do you know how to check for dead frets? Usually find those higher than 12 and then make sure the action isn't too high or low. Just play it. If you like it buy it. I'm playing a little fender acoustic that I bought for $50 and I love it.

Also have an epiphone which is a Gibson knockoff and spent $250 on a seagull that is a really nice N. American solid wood Guitar. It's not a Taylor or a Martin but has really nice sound. All bought off CL for far less than what they are worth.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

That's a nice rig

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I looked at the ad again and saw it was posted 2 months ago so no way he still has it. I went to Guitar Center this morning to look at the $99 Squier but it was no longer on sale and was back to $149. I played one anyway and then I played the Squier Strat HSS. The HSS has one humbuckler and 2 solo pickups where the other has 3 solos. Anyway the SSS had to much bass even when I played it with the same settings on guitar and amp as the HSS. I ended up buying that one for $149 because it was very easy for my hands to hit the right chords and notes and it sounded great, I have 45 days to decide whether I want to keep it or bring it back. I've been playing for a coule of hours and so far there is nothing not to like, I'll probably go back and buy the 3 year warranty for $36. The salesman said with the extended warranty if anything at all went wrong with it they wouldn't fix it, they would just give me another new one.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Bought my kid a killer ukulele he really really wanted (kona). So I took it, dusted it off and got the book "ukulele for dummies". This should raise my score card on multiple levels.

Wish me luck.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What can you play on a uke besides Hawaiian music? Do you remember the Hawaiian night club singer Don Ho? I used to date his daughter. Her name was Coke Ho.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

depends what level squire you get.
    the Classic Vibe series are on par with the Mexican Fenders.
    Some quality instruments at a good price.

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I can play here comes the sun pretty shitty right now. Babes will be lining up any day now. All I will need is a puppy

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

technically not a knock off.
    Gibson owns Epiphone and they're built the same specs as the Gibsons. Built overseas with cheaper parts.

but again if you go with the top of the line Epiphone, your getting a damn good guitar.

I have the 1960 Tribute Plus Les Paul.
    It's as close as you can get to a full blown Gibson for less than half the price.

it has the solid Mahogany body and a hard maple cap (no veneer like most Epiphone) and it has the '57 Classic Gibson PAF pickups.
    it's as Gibson as you can get. But built in asia, so it costs around $900 instead of 2 grand.

shane0911 likes this.