question for LSU students or anyone else who can answer?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Aug 12, 2003.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

my girlfriend goes to la tech and i was wondering if anyone knew how i could get her in the student section for games this year...getting a ticket wouldn't be a problem; getting inside the gate w/o an LSU id is...any help or advice is appreciated

thanks

:geaux:

p.s. this is very important b/c she gets upset when i choose LSU football over visiting her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. LSU667

LSU667 Founding Member

Bring her student ticket to the ticket office and you'll pay $20 or so to have it upgraded to a general admission ticket. Everytime i go back to school i do this(i get tickets from friends still at LSU and then upgrade in order sit with them), and i've done this for friends and relatives that visit.

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

you can buy a guest/spouse ticket......you can either buy guest season tickets for like $250 or upgrade single tickets for like a $25 fee. I think the tickets go on sale on Monday.......I know this because I am buying seasn guest tickets on Monday when they go on sale......

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

My advice is to find a friend that looks like your girlfriend and then borrow it or pass it back in line. Not that I or any of my friends ever used that plan. :D

Or if you're not that adventurous, just upgrade it at the ticket office.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was in high school the last couple of years Pete Maravich played for LSU. At that time students didn't need a ticket but just showed their student IDs at the door for addmission. I would get into the crowd at the student gate of the old cow barn and flash my drivers license. It never failed.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

The easiest thing to do is get a student ticket upgraded to a guest ticket. Take however much a normal ticket costs and figure the difference from the the student ticket face value and that is exactly what you have to pay.

7. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

I remember in the early 80's, all you had to do to go to a game was show your ID. They would literally cut a notch in it for each game and you got in for free. If you would lose your ID, you would show your fee bill at the ID office in Himes and they would give you a new one. It was strange how, the closer a home game got, the more people suddenly lost their ID's. The line would be out the door. It took them several years to figure out a way to keep students from giving their fee bills to friends who would then go get ID's made with their own picture on them!

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Well in my case, the easiest thing to do is just buy guest "season" tickets....they are like $250.....which is face value.
    Since I am going to every game and don't feel like worrying about finding a student ticket for each game (especially UGA, AU, FLA) it will be much easier just to get them all at once.

LSUstudent, so if your girlfriend is planning on attending many games especially the big ones, I would suggest buying the season tickets.

But then again, you can always use MikeD's method:D :D :D :D

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

thanks guys appreciate the help

i figure worse comes to worse i can always upgrade it for a buttload more...but i'll be keeping my eye out for any similar hotties

:D

:geaux:

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

This worked for me countless times. Your best opportunity is to go in the same gate Tiger Band goes through. Wait until the Golden Girls pass by, and none of the ushers will even look at the ID. I always held the ticket and ID in the same hand in a way that covered the picture. Never failed.