Question for the Board???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BigETigerFan, Oct 22, 2002.

1. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

I going to try and get Season Tickets for next year. I'm tired of waiting until the last minute to see if I have tickets to certain home games. What is the best way to go about getting them? And should I join a foundation/club or just submit an app. for the tickets?

Thanks ahead of time.

Big E

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well if you want tickets now you need to be a TAF member. You can put yourself on the waiting list but it took me 4 years to finally get my own (I was purchasing two from my families batch and I dont really like my family so I became the blacksheep)

With LSU the way the are and the TAF thing it could 4-5 years before you get tickets "The ole fashion way"

I am a TAF member now and I moved up to section 5. I had regular tickets for 3 years before I became a TAF member.

Most people do not like TAF, so I wont go into it here.

But since I have become a TAF, I found that Bowl Tickets etc etc have been much easier to get.

(THis post will cause some steam..)

Geaux Tigers

3. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

TexasTiger,

So I guess I'm SOL for about the next 4-5 years? Great!!!:mad: I noticed TAF has different levels...if I give to the $100 plus level...say $1000...will it make a difference? Or do they go by the old 1st come 1st serve.

Thanks
    Big E

4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I just called TAF and they set me up. I got 3 tickets in East Upper half way up on the 35 yard line with a 150$ donation to TAF. I got good tickets and donated a little money to a good cause! :D

5. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

tigermark,

Does that $150 cover the whole season next year? Or just for a single game this year? Sorry...just trying to get my story strait.

Thanks
    Big E

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

BigE, it is NOT first come first served. Each section of the stadium has a different "donation level", so the more you pay, the better seats you can get. I remember seeing a seating chart with the prices somewhere, but I forget where. Try looking for the TAF website.

7. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

EH...

Thanks. Y'all been helpful.

Big E

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

That pretty much sums it up. for 150 you can get decent seats. Much better then if you get on the list.

Keep in mind that is PER TICKET now...
    Not 150 total.

They are basically seat Lic....

Geaux Tigers

9. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

TexasTiger...

That's what I thought...but if 150+ gets me in the stadium next year...150+ it will be.:)

Big E

10. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

That is 50$ per year per seat. I got 3 seats so it was 150$ plus the price of the seats (~39$ each game for 7 games = 273$ per seat.... that is 819 for all three seats). Grand total of about 970$ for three seats.

Each section is priced differently and you will have to talk to TAF for the specifics. But you can get pretty good EU seats for 50$ each. If you want chair backs, that is 350$ per seat!!!! I prefer to just bring my little cushion chair with a back on it. :)