Question on Lorenzo Ferguson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cadillacattack, Aug 2, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Auburn was reported to have picked up a late commitment to the 2004 recruiting class by the name of Lorenzo Ferguson, a defensive back. My understanding is that he had originally committed to LSU (maybe in 2003?) and that he may not be the same 'Zo Ferguson that committed to VaTech.

Anybody got any info on this kid? Heard something about him breaking an ankle ? Thanks in advance.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

He never committed to LSU. I dont know much about him, other than him being 6' 3", 190 lbs, and runs a 4.5 forty. I think he is from Miami.

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

thanks MB, evidently (and according to another board) Ferguson was a '04 LSU recruit that was requested to sign for the '05 class due to a broken ankle suffered late in his HS season. Given the DB depth at LSU, he was told that he prolly would redshirt even in '05, so he was looking at '06 PT best case.

Speculation is that the AU staff offered him an earlier opportunity at PT so he signed '04 with AU. Your stats look like the same I was shown also - "6' 3", 190 lbs, and runs a 4.5 forty. I think he is from Miami." I can say with certaintly that AU needs him much more than Saban. Thanks again for the reply. BTW, you guys got any O-Linemen you'd like to send our way? :grin:

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

I don't know the facts but one article I read said he had commited to LSU but then he broke a bone in his foot. They didn't think he would be able to play this year but he has recovered faster than expected.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Heck no! :grin:

Interesting, I dont remember him ever committing, but I do remember seeing him as an LSU lean by several recruiting services. Maybe I just missed it.