Question to those who are "guests"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, May 29, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

TF.com is one of the better boards in the SEC, Deek. It's a very interesting and informative site, if you love SEC football.

Sadly, it is not very friendly to opponents, not even to polite ones. Not only is smack not tolerated, guests who show pride for their team or contradict the locals are not welcome either. A great place to lurk, but be wary of posting.

Terry is one of the best web administrators that I'm familiar with, Tide-HSV is one of the worst. That's just the way it is over there. But it is still a fine board for finding out what is happening around that part of the SEC.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

smack to gumps=anything taking them out of their delusionary world.

that equates to any text/print 5 miles outside of birmingham/tuscaloserville.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Stating that Arkansas "depends on home cooking" is ludicrous. I felt obligated to state that. Especially after the ripped shirts, hole in walls, and dented dumpster comments. I guess I pushed him, but we are much more tolerant here. SoonerFans is much more tolerant as well. They at least allow facts to be stated. :dis:

4. red55

We are much more tolerant here, but it works both ways. Moderators go easy on polite visitors at Tigerforums, but a few of the locals here bash visitors for no apparent reason and we are tolerant of that too . . . within obvious limits. Some of our visitors don't feel very welcome either . . . it's just not an "official" not welcome.

5. tirk

we are also tolerant of bad spellers which sucks.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

This forum is also unusually benevolent to those who have issues with homophones:
    • 'Rain', 'rein' and 'reign'
    • 'To', 'Two', and 'Too'
    • 'Fair', 'Fare'

7. red55

And of those who don't understand capitalization.

8. tirk

big difference between understanding and not knowing. you fall into the latter group but its ok, LSU isn't dook.

that's a phare assessment.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I remember that coming up Deek. In fact, it seems we had the same conversation here concerning the two LSU-Bama games in B-ball this past season.

When it comes to running a forum like Tidefans or Tigerforums you find that people end up changing as time goes on. For instance, when we started TF.com I had little, if any, patience for rivals who just wanted to say "we are going to kill you," etc.

Individuals standing up for their own school...that, should be expected.

However, the thing you can't control are in the individuals and how they interpret different posted message. Both Bayoutider (member here also) and I have found over the last decade we've learned to relax and allow a lot more than we did in the beginning. Others are becoming more relaxed as time goes by. HOWEVER, I think it is a good thing to have a variety of personalities involved in administrating a forum. It allows for a variety of perspectives.

About 4-5 years ago we received an award from ESPN as being one of the best free web sites on the 'net. That told me, that while some people may not like what we provide, we are filling a void people can't find other places on the 'net. I kid you not...we have companies trying to get involved with TF.com all the time simply because of the traffic we have on the site.

Like I said earlier...it's a good thing that fans have more than one choice of message boards to call "home." We aren't all alike, after all.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Is that supposed to make me appreciate TideFans.com even though it's run by a bunch of intolerant hotheads?

I was banned for correcting a misinterpretation, albeit forcefully. I made fun of the people who said they "ripped t-shirts, punched walls, and dented dumpsters" for something that happens every single game and they should be quite used to it. I didn't even make fun of your school, even though it's well deserved at times.

I stand by my statement that TideFans.com is a joke, if only for the fact that Earle has admin privileges.