Question to those who are "guests"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, May 29, 2006.

1. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

OOPS, didn't know this was a "sensitive" topic. My first post and blood is already boiling.:grin: Sorry.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

and unlike elsewhere, your above comment is allowed to stay

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Forget it Buzzard, the sensitive topics keep changing anyway. "Les wins with Nick's recruits" is just the sensitive topic of 2006. It has recently replaced "Nick will go to the NFL", "bad LSU fan behavior", and "split national championship" as #1 guaranteed to produce a tart response around here. :eek:

It's like saying "The Bear" instead of "Coach Bryant" on TideFans. Someone is simply compelled to set you straight! Or the time I mentioned Bama's red jerseys and got 31 lectures on the color "Crimson". :grin:

Welcome to the board. :thumb:

4. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Thanks,

I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm from the Tidefans.com and have been a member there for a few years. I ask Terry what other boards he goes to that were "good boards" and this one was brought up.

Strangely enough my youngest sister is currently a Sophomore at LSU. We moved to Shreveport 11 yrs ago and me and my middle sister were raised Alabama fans. However when we moved to Shreveport my youngest sister was only seven or eight and really didn't understand all the hoopla over football. So she basically was raised much of her life in Louisiana. She went to middle school and highschool in LA so all of her friends (except for one which is an Auburn fan LOL!!!) were LSU fans so naturally she became a LSU fan.

We go back and forth a lot (cracking jokes on each other) about each other's school. She had a time with me after the LSU win in T-Town. The only thing I had to come back with was the two LSU guys in the student section kissing when the winning touchdown was scored. She knew them both and we both had a good laugh.

I like keeping up with other teams in the SEC. It is a good "break" from Tidefans and a chance to interact with other fans from other schools. Thanks for the welcome. :thumb:

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Good luck finding any fans from Arizona or Fresno St posting around here. Usually one or two show up a week or two before the game when we play a west coast team. Football isn't a year-round event, much less a religion, out there.

Gov, care to expand upon your conversation with the players?

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yes they can.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

TideFans is by far the best site if you are talking about the opponents websites. Terry does a great job over there.

It is not like TigerForums, so you have to watch what you say. Both are great sites, just different regulations.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yeah, if they sign up!

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Soonerfans.com wins by a longshot as far as I'm concerned. It ain't even close. 2nd? I'm sad to say, but aunation.net.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I prefer AUTigers.com. They are rough on visitors from Bama, Georgia, and LSU so you have to have a thick skin if you post and tread warily around their sensitive issues.

But they get more posts, have more current viewers, and have more active threads than any board in the SEC. Breaking news about SEC sports usually breaks there first.