Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sambacocker, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Sambacocker

Sambacocker Freshman

Who are the two SEC East teams you guys have to play every year? We have MSU and Arkansas. I wish that we could play some of the others more often.

2. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

Florida and Kentucky

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Sambacocker, I'm looking at the schedule for the next couple of years and it looks like Florida is the only team we play all the time in the east. Kentucky is replace by Georgia in 2003 and vandy replaces the game cocks in 2004. We keep Florida on the schedule every year.

4. LSUJake

LSUJake Freshman

Only one team is locked

Tigerfan is right, last year (I think) the SEC changed the scheduling rules so that each team will have two alternating teams from the opposite division and one team that they will always play.

For LSU we drew Florida as the one team from the East that we will play every year. This year, we picked up South Carolina and Kentucky. The change is the reason why we are plalying Kentucky at Lexington again this year. We played them at their place last year as well. So for now on we will play a home and home series with all other SEC East teams (excluding Florida which we play every year) and then they will be rotated off the schedule for another SEC East team.

Sounds confusing, but I hope that helps.