Questionable clock management

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 13, 2007.

1. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

<--- Was kind of hopin to see us through the hail mary at the end of regulation rather than try the field goal. Lightning striking twice and such.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I think that it was 4th down and long. A 10-15 yard pass that didn't make the first would have meant no chance at points. I am going to assume that Miles was going to kick it no matter what (because he wanted a chance to get points) and he sent Flynn in there with the intention of calling a TO (which UK did for him).

3. Cajunboy97

Cajunboy97 Founding Member

I was thinking the exact same thing....another hail mary to win the game. That would have been unbelievable to beat a team like that twice, almost cruel if it had happened...:hihi: Although at this point, I rather they call us mean names than take a loss like this. :cry:

4. LAcat

LAcat Freshman

"Those plays never work"
    Mitch Barnhart

5. philter

philter Founding Member

It was the right call imo because had we gone for it on 4th to get 11 more yards (which is not easy to do given our drops and passing)...we forfeit a chance to win the game, and in fact give UK a chance in its place. That is not a good trade off.

As to the game clock management, how can we complain about that leading up to the end when we had numerous chances to get down inside the 20 with time left...we just have to execute and catch the ball and avoid penalties.

6. G8TR55

G8TR55 Freshman

Stuff happens. We know from AU and you guys. I just want to beat Kty and get another shot at you. I think you have the best team in the nation at this point, the problem was last night Kty showed up. UF was national champs and got everyone's best. You being #1 brings the best out of every team. SEC rules. Good luck with AU

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

David has shown he can make that kick in practice & with Chevis Jackson out we didn't want to risk a deep bomb - we'd rather take our chances in over time.

We were about 3 feet off from winning the game & being 10 yards closer wouldn't have changed that.