Questions about Herman's recruited prowess have been answered.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUDieHard, Feb 7, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU football and the entire fanbase has changed. What you see now at the games are students (students don't give a fuck, it's just a social gathering for a lot of them) and you also have the wine and cheese crowd that also go because of the social aspect. And mixed in there you have real fans. It's not like it used to be, I remember when I was kid my grandpa taking me and we would run into so many people he knew, and we weren't even from Baton Rouge. It was a family thing and it was a pride thing and everyone stayed the whole game, and we would lose a lot but it didn't matter because the team would always fight.

It's just not like it was. But nothing ever is I guess. Maybe it's because I'm an adult now and everything was just larger than life then.

But I suspect you will still have a huge sect of people that will never want Les gone, regardless. And another sect that is scared to death that he is taking what the Nicktator brought back and slowly poisoning it with antifreeze.

That's why I posted that story about American sports in this "other sports" section.

Liverpool the soccer team, their owners who own the Red Sox, tried to hike ticket prices and their fans staged a walk out. Thousands of them. And as a result the owners froze the ticket prices and apologized.

It makes you wonder if that could ever happen here. Like what would happen if thousands of Tiger fans walked out at halftime during the Alabama game because they were tired of Les or pissed at the ticket prices?

Notice I didn't say 4th quarter because that's just business as usual for Tiger fans.

ParadiseiNC likes this.