Questions about the offense in 2003

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jun 4, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What changes do you think Jimbo Fisher will make to the LSU offense to take advantage of this years talent?

Obviously LSU fans would like to see a downfield passing game if a QB emerges. But with a big and talented OL and some stud running backs, will LSU be a running team again?

What's the word on a new kicker. Are we going to have a big drop-off there?

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I'm hoping to see us not be so quick to use a qb scramble and actually train the qb's to keep their eyes on Michael Clayton. If you keep your eyes on him, you will see him be open. I know it's easy to talk about here as opposed to actually be at qb with the ball as an open target, but still...

I think we have the RB system in place. I have never been dissatisfied with that since Saban has been here. We seem to utilize all of what we have at that position pretty well. The one thing I don't like what I saw last year, is using a play too much that was very successful a game or two before. Like the play that Skyler Green scored with. I'm stoked about the offensive line though, honestly! That opens up all kind of opportunity with throwing and running.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, I agree. We have some blazers at WR, and we really need to take advantage of that. We do still have an inexperienced QB, though, so I expect a good amount of running in the early goings at least. The kicking Im a little concerned with. Jones will be back to punt, and he has gotten better every year. I think we may really miss Corbello, though. He was much better than the publicity he got, and he helped us out of some sticky situations. He will be tough to replace.