Questions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not the line???? Credit is due especially on that play.

Did you watch the replay with every defender stood up and an LSU body directly in front of the defenders? Pause the video as the hole is opening and watch it in slow motion.

They have not forgotten but they are not getting these types of holes with consistency anymore which is decreasing their chances of breaking one loose. Keiland is having the same problem he has had most of his career here, seeing the hole and running to it without hesitation. FYI, the video shows that the box was not stacked like it usually was when Scott was in the game. That was also the 1st one Shep hit past the 2nd level throughout the night.

Red's post above will give you additional insight.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i'm not saying they didn't make room, but they didn't make much, and you are right, it was just enough. i have watched that play over and over, i watched it happen in the stadium, then watched it on the screen over and over and over again, and if you watch the endzone view, you can see that tiny little hole closing really fast and Shep moving his shoulder inside so he could fit through. You are right, i was wrong about not giving the line credit, they did make a hole, but you have to give 10 most of the credit for finding it and exploiting it because it wasn't much.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Give it up LaSalle, you just aren't right this time. TV went out of their way with the replay Telestrator pointing out just how well it was blocked.

4. LaSalleAve

Ok i am wrong, shep didn't do anything it was all the line.:hihi:

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Would you get a penalty if Shepperd jumped on Ciron's back and road him into the end zone?

6. LaSalleAve

i don't think its a flag if ciron is hop skipping, and shep is swinging the ball in a circular motion as if it were a lasso.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

No crawfishing allowed:wave:

No one said Shep didn't do anything, just that you didn't have to be an ant to get through that hole.:hihi:

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

This is the first time I saw Shep's run. (I missed it on TV). It looked to me like the exact same play that Scott ran in against Georgia. Too bad Shep couldn't celebrate at all...He must have listened to the coaches (about celebrating) and didn't want to get yanked for committing a penalty. :).

I agree with Red and BHelmLSU on the blocking, but I give Shep a lot of credit too.

Man, I must be as wise as Solomon himself with that brilliant observation. :hihi:.