Quick question on Aranda/ Orge hire: 2016

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Terry,

Just so you know coonass is a term of endearment here so thanks for using it.

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

November 3rd is coming. You're worried, as you should be.

six pack dan likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

In all seriousness, why should I be worried?

kcal likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

To me, it's sort of funny to see how the word "gump" has been turned on its head. What started out as something people thought would be an insult has been adopted by a lot. I took no offense by @shane0911 using the term "gump."

On another unrelated note...had a spot on an afternoon sports talk show a few years ago and used the term coonass when discussing a story. The co-host took offense saying it was a racially motivated comment. A Penn State fan, no less. It proved he was certainly out of his element discussing SEC football in the south.

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I had something similar happen to me. I worked in Minneapolis at a hearing aid manufacturer back in the early 90s and I was referring to an ENT doc I used to work with as a "crazy coonass" and they all freaked out. Tried to explain it was a term of endearment

TerryP and stevescookin like this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I call you gumps cuz yall all look like Tom Hanks.

People from outside LA/ deep South only hear the first word and climb into their PC safe-space. I choose my audience carefully when using that term given the social justice guilty before proven innocent climate.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Women call me by my special term of endearment all the time...A-hole.

TerryP, Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  8. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Cause Father Time says our turn.

Personally I think it sounds stupid but as far as shane using it I turn my head. You gotta understand he's working with a limited vocabulary.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'm sorry. That's taken all of the fun out.

Personally, I don't think the turn is over with--a down turn. I don't see LSU falling to the level of an Orge coached Ole Miss squad. I do suspect we'll see something akin to Gerry's time in Baton Rouge. There's a lot of pieces that just don't seem to fit together.

I've always had an aversion to caling UT fans/players Viles. Or Auburn's ilk "barners" (though the later does seem fitting at times.) I've noticed Cole Cubelic has taken "the Barn" as a mantle as of late. It's just not my thing. So, in a sense, I do get where you're coming from here.

10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

There no reason for Bama to worry. LSU's Administration chose to remove LSU Football from competing in the SEC & contending Nationally. The only thing for us LSU fans is to pull for, is Dave Aranda's Defense to keep us in some games, while he's still here. This will be the 3rd straight Loss to Bama for Rosy Finch at LSU & 0-6 record against Bama.

Rosy couldn't beat Bambi Shula. How's he gonna beat Saban?

[​IMG]

Bayou Tiger likes this.