Quick story

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Last week I was in Paris and I saw two guys wearing Auburn hats, so I yelled "Tiger Bait" at them. They were frigging shocked to hear that in France, I just smiled and said that I couldn't resist. They were pretty good sports about it.

Also I sat by 3 LSU students on the train from London to Paris. Small world.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Hopefully they werent French Auburn fans. What an awful combo.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I resent that. I'm of French heritage and even though their foreign-policy and government may suck, I'm starting to to question whether or not they're the smart ones. Nothing against our troops, it's not their fault--but things in Iraq are going to get a lot worse before getting better. I'm not basing that off of any radical politcal stance, but from best friends of mine who are there every day on the front lines. :bncry: I may be French-blooded, but I'm still a proud :usaflagwa :thumb:

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

\\

Umm JayB...I wasnt reallly speaking in political terms. I am sure your family was nice, but most French people suck. Never want to go back there again.

Their are lots of people on this board that have Auburn blood, and to you, I am very, very sorry...:wink:

5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Where did you go in France that you didn't have fun?!?!? Holy sh** that was the time of my life. Gorgeous. I can't believe anyone could go there and not want to go back.

Loco.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Many of the people in the hospitality industry in Paris itself were not real nice to some in my group, but everyone else in France was super to us. We loved it and my son is there right now having a ball. Spain was incredibly nice too. Amsterdam was a blast. Italy was super. England I didn't care for as much.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I go to Europe on business three to four times a year and have for many years... I just returned Friday night from our partner meeting in Italy. We have 23 partners, each representing a country (like playing Risk!!). Our partners represent the countries of Europe, Scandinavia and stretch as far as Indonesia, Australia and Japan.
    Everyone speaks English during the meetings.... except ONE... our French partner. He only speaks French. It is the only country in all of Europe where a second language is not mandatory in schools. All of our other European partners can speak at least three, often four, languages.
    Because most Americans are like me and only speak English, we get disturbed when we go to France and they don't (or very little).
    So we make fun of them... but so does the rest of Europe. "You can't count on the French for anything" is pretty much how the rest of Europe views them. It goes back a long, long way.
    There are parts of France that I totally enjoy... but as a general rule, there are many other places in Europe that are more beautiful... and the residents much more receptive to visitors.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I think we should destroy them all and take what recourses they may have. They're all scum. :hihi:

J/K.....or am I?

The french do suck though. No offense JayB.....or is there?

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Big deal. You are an American. Who cares where your people came from? If my ancestors came from france, I would think they were scumbags that made one good decision.

History will prove you wrong on this.

You know what? I really hate it when people start a sentence off with "Nothing against our troops". And just so you know, things are getting better every day over there.

If they're on the front lines every day, how the hell are you talking to them? Are you sure they are not mechanics or engineers in some rear echelon base near kuwait?

I speak with my friends, when they come back state side, and all say things are going just fine. Most can't wait to get back over there. And, these guys are the front line.

To address the original topic of this thread, I also used to meet a lot of LSU, and SEC, fans overseas. Nothing like seeing a little of purple and gold in trieste italy.

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Wow...a simple post about running into fellow LSU fans in Europe turned into a political debate over foreign policy in Iraq.