Quit Kidding Yourself

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kkille1LSU, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

Fumbling and a safety didn't lose the game. An unprepared defense, lack of original play calling, a dead special teams, and lack of motivation lost this game. All of these are solely contributed to the coaches.

When fans can predict FLA offensive plays and LSU's lack there of, we can only assume that FLA's talented athletes and coaches can see them from a mile away.

Dear players,
    You are not a national championship team, wins will not come easy. You must play motivated, mistake free football. Everyone of you have talent but must rely on each other for the strength to win games.

Dear Jamarcus,
    Look to the right every once in awhile, Early and Dwayne are not the only ones on the field.

Dear coaches,
    PREPARE YOUR TEAMS OR PREPARE TO LOSE. You were outcoached.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Thank you.

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Please read just the first post.

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=44103

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You're going to have some blind people come in here on your post and say you know zilch about football or that you aren't a "true" fan for stating the obvious. They're going to say you are whining when actually you are just stating what Ray Charles could see. It's called constructive critisism. and there is nothing wrong with analyzing your teams play. I buy a boat load of LSU t shirts, hats and LSU slurpee cups filled with purple dahm stuff every year, so I can gripe if I want to and you can too.

good post.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

That gave up 283 yards of total offense???? Unprepared??? ....ugh....whatever

Give examples. You want others to see your point. That's vague.

I agree with that statement 100%

It's the game of the week. It was against Florida. It was #5 vs #9... Don't know about you, but if I'm a player, I don't need a freak'n coach giving me a pep talk to get motivated for this game. If you're a player on the D-I level, and you need a coach to get you motivated for a nationally televised game against your conference rival, then you shouldn't be on the field.

Quit babying these players. They need to be held for SOME accountability.

6. Scoop43

Scoop43 Founding Member

Good comments AtlantaBengal.

I've told my kids since they were tiny tots two things:

1. MAKING EXCUSES IS FOR LOSERS.

2. IT'S OKAY TO MAKE A MISTAKE. IT'S NOT OKAY TO REPEAT IT.

As someone who possesses an advanced degree in Statistics I feel qualified to say that all stats are relative to the opponent at hand. Taking an average is just being too PC in order to claim "bragging rights".

LSU has lost to two teams IMHO for two reasons among many:

[1] lack of focus vs Auburn . . . and

[2] lost their composure vs Florida

After playing professional baseball I realized that being able to concentrate was my strongest asset.

:helmet: :geauxtige :bball:

7. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

You actually had me with you until this final quote.
    Tell this to the head man who slapped every player on the ass and said "its okay, you'll get em next time" when they came off the field after making a bone headed play! You can't handle these kids that way. You have got to get into their ass and into their heads. You try and sweet talk them and they'll never get it! These are 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 year olds. They havnt earned that type of respect. They have got to learn discipline and focus each and every play is what makes champions and if they forget you have got to remind them. Very people, let alone male athletes understand this at their ages. The best coaches are hard and the teams with the best focus and discipline realize this.
    So, yes I blame Miles partially for this loss because he needs to get tough.
    The last coach we had who tried to treat his players like adults, turned a great program into a ****ty one that took a long time to rebuild. I was there through it all and would really like not to have to go through it again.
    Geaux Tigers!!

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I have refused to blame this game on Miles, but you have got a point. One of the hallmarks of the Saban years was that mistakes were kept to a minimum. One of the reasons for that was that Saban didn't tolerate mistakes, EVER! He got in people's faces, he let them know when something was unacceptable. By the same token, he let his players know when they did something right with the same degree of enthusiasm. Today's college players respond to ATTITUDE, not this mild-mannered, take everything on an even keel demeanor.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I actually thought the play calling wasn't that bad, especially the first half. I think the mental errors overwhelmed us after the negated TD. And there again, the refs did that to us, unfairly, but that is another excuse. We should have come right back. It's tough when you lose momentum.

I mean on the one hand I can understand it, it's hard to gain momentum when you get shot down every way you turn, BUT you have to.

10. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

That's freedom, pay the man! :thumb: