Quitters?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Nov 23, 2013.

1. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Very proud of how our team bounced back from the Bama game. You would have never known this team was coming off a crushing loss to our biggest rival.

The frustrating penalties aside...it was the most satisfying win for me so far. I wish we had one more season with this offense, because I think our D next year is going to tough to deal with. Oh well.

Bring on the Hogs!!

TigerTap and cajdav1 like this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yep, it would be so nice to have the 4 super studs back next year for sure.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Agreed

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I honestly didn't know how we would respond to the crushing disappointment that was the Alabama game (and to a lesser extent, the OM game a few weeks before.) I was caving to the negativity that was coming from many of the naysayers in our community of fans.

That was a classic Les Miles team out there yesterday. They played with heart and pride and desire/want and stupid penalties. It was glorious.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm befuddled, A&M's never scored less than 40 something all year, and this defense, who for the most part is decent in the red zone, and has had some times when they have gotten big stops throughout the season, but has given up tons of yards, given up alot of big plays for touchdowns, and been a unit that is known for folding with the game on the line.... held Johnny Foosball to 10 points, with something like 24 incompletions.

For everyone, including myself, who have had some very critical things to say about this staff, lets give credit where credit is due. Kudos to them for having this team ready to play and play really well when they could have packed it in and imploded.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Probably need to thank the weather a bit.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  7. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Mett was 20-11-0 for 193; add 324 yds rushing. Weather didn't seem to bother LSU much.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Or the fact that the defense stayed true to their assignments.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Then, by that token, A & M probably needs to thank the weather, as well. Had Tre White not fallen on the slippery field, we'd have held A & M to a FG.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Or, had so many underclassman not defected, having basically last year's D with this year's O would have been very cool as well