quote from CLM

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 5, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

"The greatest void right now on this team is leadership," Miles said. "The new leaders and the leadership of this team are being developed. It's just going to take a little time, but we'll be okay there.

What’s wrong w/Miles? I think it’s obvious that Flynn wants to be the leader of this team so why not hand it over to him or Ryan P? Russ was good in his time but we need to let him chill right now.

2. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Leadership is not something that is handed over. The individual has to step up on their own...if MF wants the job, then he has to make the initial move..or anyone else for that matter. and a leader doesn't have to come from the QB position.

3. olVENICEdog

You make a good point sas but I think MF showed that he wants to be a leader when he beat Miami. Now if Russ wants to stand on the sidelines w/headphones on and help call out plays then that’s fine w/me but Miles should defiantly promote Flynn to starter and quit keeping us all in suspense. It's BS. The leaders of this team should be running backs Justin Vincent and Alley Broussard and defensive backs LaRon Landry and Jessie Daniels and of course Matt Flynn.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The void of leadership is due to losing 21 seniors, many of whom made up the heart of the team.

You are reaching to relate this to a reason for Flynn to get the starting nod.

5. olVENICEdog

If Russ is hurt that means the #2 guy is now #1 so he is the starter.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No. There are no games right now, thus no starter.

7. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

did you ever think that this quote was Miles way of challenging one of the QB's or others to step up?

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Are you confusing the naming of team captains by the coach with leaders of the team?

9. olVENICEdog

As long as Russ can't run a practice he is not on the starting team thus making MF the starter. Games or not the SEC player of the year is on the bench. I could see why CLM would hesitate to put Flynn in charge it's b/c he’s white.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Coaches' control a lot of things, but appointing a "leader" is something that NO coach can do. What's he to say, "Hey! Flynn! Yeah, YOU! You're our leader! ...Now pep these boys up!"

Kyle Williams, Andrew Whitworth and Joseph Addai were leaders because all three had work ethics that were second to none.

Not to say that Flynn's not capable of leading...but it's hard for someone with one career start to assume that role and have the rest of the team say, "Ok...that guy knows what he's talking about. I'll follow..."