R.J. Jackson tore his ACL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Apr 2, 2006.

1. mrx

mrx Founding Member

According to TigerBait.com

2. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Are you freaking kidding me? What kind of practices is Les Miles having? That's the 2nd major knee injury in 2 consecutive years. Hopefully the story is exaggerated. Keep us posted.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I believe it was another freak accident.

This is a lot of players on the team that are suffering torn ACL's... (I think he makes the fourth, maybe fifth, over a one year period). There's got to be something going on. Contained Chaos mentioned a possible strength & conditioning issue. I don't know what it is, but it needs to be identified and eliminated.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think it's really, plain and simply, dumb luck.

Think about it. Moffitt has been our S&C coach for HOW LONG NOW? We never had those problems before.

And at Okla. St., I don't EVER recall the Cowpokes having many knee injuries--and to OSU's credit, they have a pretty good history with putting out some good RB's (Morency and Bell during Miles time there), so I doubt it's anything Miles is doing differently.

5. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Actually it was me that mentioned the S+C flaw. But to see it from that angle, you can't just go back a year, you gotta go back about 5 years and count the torn ACL's. I'd be willing to bet there is not another program in the modern error that has had more than us.

It's weird, all offensive skill guys. No Linemen getting rolled up, no LB's, no DB's. All RB's and QB's. What are they doing differently? It's a conspiracy man.:grin:

6. BostonBengal

Too much competition. Each RB is pushing himself to his utmost physical limits because they want to carve out a name for themselves amongst all the talent joining them at their position.

Sheesh! I bet those guys treat every practice as if their lives depended on it. (not that that's a bad thing...) :D

7. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

If you really want to know what it is......

It's the damned SAINTS!!!! We should have never let them curse Tiger Stadium with their presence. It's like the movie poltergeist.....the demons will follow and haunt......

SCREW YOU BENSON!!! SCREW YOU!!!

8. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

It's simple, Miles likes hard hitting practices. Unfortunately the players are suffering major injuries because of it. UF uses Saban's philosophy on spring practice tackling & they don't have any major injuries.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

F*cking phenomenal. Let's see if we can make it to fall with one decent back, ok Lester?

10. BostonBengal

that's a really good point...