R U Brady haters convinced yet?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 18, 2006.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

See what happens when you forget to put fences around your posts to keep the hyenas out?? :rofl:

Staying on subject, I'm thoroughly proud of the job our team and Coach Brady have done thus far.

2. kveille

kveille Founding Member

I am not convinced Brady is the coach to bring LSU to a national championship. He has accomplished the job he was brought in here to do and that was to coach LSU through the probation period. I think we now have a team that will attract a high quality coach. I am willing to give Brady another year, but I think it would be foolish to draft a new long term contract like Skip is suggesting.

I will give him credit for the adjustments he made during the half of the Iona game, but LSU was lucky to win this game against Texas A&M. Brady never had the Tigers under control. He never had a play designed when coming out of the time outs towards the end of the game. We had to count on Mitchell to shoot a 3 pointer from way outside the 3 point line. We kept rushing the ball and taking bad shots, also we never block out which cost us quite a few points. I think LSU is having a great year and has the talent to make it to the final four if not the championship game, but we don't have a head coach who can bring us there. If you look at all the games we won this year they were all against mediocre teams (with the exception of West Virginia). We played a lot of the good teams close, but we were never able to win those close games against the good teams. Thank god we have the type of talent on this team that has allowed LSU to get this far and I think we definitely have the talent to beat Duke the only question is will we have a head coach who can out coach this Duke team. I am proud of what this team has accomplished and I hope they go far in the tournament.

3. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

at the start of the game tigers went on a 15 to 3 run. Billy G. called a time out and made an adjustment. Aggies then went on a 17 to 0 run. As usual Brady waited till tigers fell behind to break the tempo.
    CJB is barely an average coach. He is blessed to be coaching at LSU. There is talent in louisiana. Hell most of the talent is in Baton Rouge High Schools.
    I promise you Brady would be a failure at any other college. Geaux tigers! Stay close to Duke

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

We just won a very tough game against an underrated A&M lay off the brady hating. We're in our first sweet 16 in 6 or so years, eff people.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

That was a designed play dick. It wasn't like dmitch just decided to do that without any coaching input.

6. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

According to the interview with one of the coaches after the game, The play that Brady called worked to perfection. DMitch was supposed to take a good 3 if he got it. If he missed BBaby and TThomas were there to hopefully rebound and put it back up to tie the game.

I am so happy for Dmitch and the rest of the tigers. John Brady is one helluva Basketball Coach.

Another thing. Most of these guys are local to the BR area. They all hung together and got accustomed to Brady's system via Collis Temple. How do you think TThomas, BigBaby and Garrett Temple play so well together and know the system so well as such young players?

Believe me, now that LSU has a full compliment of scholarships, Brady will lead this team to some very special times.... Hell... This year isn't even over yet and we are playing #1 overall seed DUKE in the SWEET 16.

GEAUX TIGERS

7. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

we have 2 wins in the NCAAT and i still hate brady.....big deal

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Excellent post, Reckless.

I see that danthenotatigerfan has given me reason to use that ignore function again. Thank God (or Brett) for that feature!!

9. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I have been convinced Brady is not the right guy for LSU! UlM mabe.

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

He's coached at 2 colleges, and has been successful at both.

:geauxtige