R U Brady haters convinced yet?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 18, 2006.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

why don't you pick up a paper - any paper - it's in the NY Post for god's sake! Brady called the play "Special". The team worked on it in the practices before the game and it frickin' worked. Before you start spewing your venom, get your facts straight.

2. BballIsLife

BballIsLife Freshman

What would you all say if Mitchell would have missed that shot? I was very shocked that LSU did not go inside.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't have to say anything because it went in the hole. What would you say if they tried to force it inside and Big Baby couldn't get off a shot like 4 of the last 5 times they tried that? What would you say if Texas A&M scored 100 points? What would you say if Brady mooned the ref during the timeout and got a technical? What would you say if Duke had to play someone besides Southern and a vastly overrated GW to get to the sweet 16? No prediction here, but I'm not making any plans for Saturday afternoon just yet. I may have a game to watch.:thumb:

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

And they struggled w/ both of them at that...especially Southern.

5. kveille

kveille Founding Member

Why don't you watch the last play again and you will see that Mitchell set the pick and rolled out to the 3 point line where Davis set a pick and Mitchell was given the ball for a shot. There was a defender there so he brought it back out and shot a very long (low percentage) 3 pointer.

I am not here to bash the players or LSU, but I am trying to say Brady hasn't proven himself as a championship caliber coach. Also, Brady didn't call that last play, Butch Pierre made the call. Butch Pierre is probably the best assistant coach in D1 basketball. He can coach and recruit. He will be a very successful D1 coach when he gets his chance.

I still have not heard anyone say why Brady is such a great coach. No one has said they think he could bring us to a final four or championship game in the future. How would you rate Brady before this year? I think the true test will be next year and see if he can repeat the type of season they had this year.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

kveille,

The water is right there in front of you. Drink it!!!

7. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

its been a good ride in the tourney so far vdog. i wish tiger fans would start expecting at least sweet 16 every year instead being over joyed we made the final field of 64.

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I think LSU is at the point to where making the NCAAT is a no brainer. That is now expected every year from here on out as long as Brady is head coach. Anything less then that and he needs to hit the road jack.

9. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

also got to keep the recruiting up and keeping talent from going pro....if we can do that then we should expect it...now granted I expect good recruiting so I automatically expect the NCAA's

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Looks like the Brady "posse" is all over you ... LOL

Tyrus Thomas got his quality minutes in and LSU won ... not by 5 as I predicted (the line came out as -5.5 after my prediction) ... but they won.

I'll say this about Brady. He can't coach (WHERE IT MATTERS) in the big games ... and this is WHY LSU WON'T GET PAST DUKE

WHY LSU WON'T GET PAST DUKE ... by Ramah (Consider this a new thread, lol)

LSU won't get past Duke because LSU's coach John "Tuckingham" Brady allows opposing teams to go on large "runs" against LSU ... this aggravates the living ****e outta me ...

Examples:

1. LSU up 16-3 ... A&M (NOT DUKE) goes on a 17 point run :angryfire

2. They followed up with a few single digit runs ... one 7-0 run tied the game with just under 2 minutes left when LSU could have salted it away.

Question to the Peanut Gallery?

How many 17-0 runs does Coach K allow ... :rofl:

He doesn't ... that guy can flat out coach. And, he'll coach the pants off Brady on Thursday ... and you clowns know it.

You can ignore the facts and EXALT URESELF as Joe LSU ... but Brady is not a "BIG GAME" coach ...

If LSU gets past Duke, it'll be because these "big game" players had the game of their lives ... nuff said ... I'll enjoy the ride nonetheless.